Nissan Titan Forum banner

2005 nissan titan banging my head against the wall

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Pdchico 
#1 ·
Have a 2005 nissan titan was having the running rough stalling and shuting off. So truck died at the grocery store just turns over wont fire. Swapped the relay still no start so next step was new relay still no fire. Went next step and bought new ipdm and still will not start thing is driving me nuts! Thanks for any info in advance.

#2 ·
Have you done the fuel pump recall? Possibly the gauge is showing fuel and you really ran out? Or a fuel pump burnt out? Start diagnosing. You need 3 things in order for a vehicle to run. Fuel, Air, and Spark. Check those 3.

#3 ·
There was a fuel sender recall on those. You might actually be out of gas.

Edit. I see CV was already here.

Reactions: CVTitan05
#4 ·
Yes fuel pump and sending unit was replaced under recall. I cant get a scanner to comunicate with the ecm and it has a brand new ipdm. Trying to avoid going to the stealer but its looking like gonna have to tow it up to the stealer. Im stumped and so is my buddy thats a mechanic by trade

#5 ·
Try a different key.

Reactions: CVTitan05
#9 ·
We ar talking the engine fan right ?

If so ,that ain't good.

The truck is in whats called CAN (Control Area Network) system failure. CAN failure happens when one of the numerous control units on the network fail (stops communicating). The system goes into fail safe mode and fan and or lights are on all the time.

The fun part is trying to find out which control took a dump.

Common culprits are ECM , TCM and ABS .

Bottom line, it's going to get expensive.

#8 ·
Does your obd port have power? It could be just a fuse keeping you from communicating with the Ecu.

#10 ·
Not what i wanted to hear its on its way to the stealership for diagnosis they said 109 to diagnose it. I guess we will see what they say.i can assure you this is my first and last nissan ever truck has cost me a small fotune in 4 years ive owned it. Thanks for the info fellas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.