Nissan Titan Forum banner

Timing chain guides/tensioner

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  elyons4x4 
#1 ·
My 08 T now has 145K on it and it sounds like marbles bouncing around near timing chain area. From what I have read on hear is that the timing chain guides/tensioner can cause this. Any one know how long it takes to replace said parts, just trying to figure out if my truck is going to be down for a day or two or week?? I will be doing the repairs, not paying $$$$ for something I can do. Just trying to find out how many days to take off work.

#2 ·
It's no joke for sure. I believe you'll be taking the grille, radiator and condenser out of the way.....but there may be access without doing all that.
Either way, you have to get the front timing cover off and assess the situation. If you have a broken guide, you may be able to swap just that, but I would plan on doing the whole set.
Your Nissan dealer should have a package deal that includes everything you need and nothing you don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.