Nissan Titan Forum banner

2008 Nissan titan will not start

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  John70517 
#1 ·
Okay, Titan owners I need help. I have a 2008 Nissan Titan SE 207,000 miles. It will not start but the starter, fuel pump, alternator is good and it has a brand new battery. when I turn the key it sounds like it is going to start then stops. Has anyone had this problem. The mechanic ship said they have no idea what is wrong. Please help

Thanks
Josh

#3 · (Edited)
If you mean by stops, that it just doesn't start up....then test your crank sensor. They can fail and not throw a code without the engine running.

If it completely stops cranking, you may be in need of an amp and volt read on both the starter hot and the solenoid trigger wires to see what sort of amps are being pulled and what sort of volts are being dropped to.

#4 ·
Could be starter relay on the ipdm board. I have a 08 SE LWB 4/2 and have had this issue. What ever you do always undo the battery when messing with any thing electrical on truck. A spark from wiggling a short or bad component can and will fry your main computer. Check the battery cables. Any corrosion can prevent proper amperage. The starter relay has to read a certain amp to allow fire of engine. It will turn over great, you'll smell fuel even. But it won't fire to ignite. I believe it 14 amps but not sure off top of my head. I'll try to find the link to service manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.