Nissan Titan Forum banner

4x4 check and rude wakeup

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Frank N 
#1 ·
Bought a 2014 Pro 4x and everything seems to be working well. Today though, due to inclement weather, I thought just for the heck that I'd check the 4x (Hi and Lo) to see if the transfer was okay. Well, stopped at the house, put in Park, flipped the switch to 4Lo and got this gawd awful alarm sound along with the 4x on the instrument cluster and the traction control light. Shut it down, powered back up, moved to 2x and got rid of the noise but the 4x and traction control light are still on. Any ideas other than I got screwed over by a dealership (it worked fine when it was there). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
Shift it in neutral, running, and you might have to gently rock it slightly to engage. Same to get it out of 4lo. THe diff lock needs to be off as well. It will engage after the truck is in 4lo, and the switch if flipped.

#15 ·
yeah and i bet the tcase fluid has never been changed, the oem fluid is crap and definitely hinders 4x engagement and disengagement...

And wait for the click from the front end in neutral when 4 lo engage or disengage before shifting from neutral

#6 ·
SOTF (Shift On The Fly) is becoming a lot more common. It would be nice to have hubs on the front that can disengage. This would help MPG a bit.

Oh yeah, welcome to TT from another Colorado member. I missed when you joined.

Reactions: havok13
#7 ·
Yea, had been with the Frontiers for a while but the little guy couldn't keep up (200K) and the new trailer (2400 lbs). Something popped the last time out and never could find what went wrong. Lots of plans for camping/hunting/general offroad and daily driver. Hope to hear about some good places to go now with a little more muscle to get there.

#10 ·
I've been trying to talk the wife into finding something outside Denver to move to. It's worse than herding cats.

#11 ·
HS in Fruita, College in Rangely. I'm in Clifton now, however, Might be heading out Brighton way for work for a while. We need to figure out another little lunch-capade meet up over on the flat side of the divide in the coming months. You get the 4wd all figured out?

#12 ·
HS in Fruita, College in Rangely. I'm in Clifton now, however, Might be heading out Brighton way for work for a while. We need to figure out another little lunch-capade meet up over on the flat side of the divide in the coming months.
If something gets scheduled I'll do my best to be there. I'm not sure if I'll bring the F-350 or the Titan. :D

You get the 4wd all figured out?
Who, me? 4x4 hasn't been a problem for me.

#14 ·
Somewhat. Still have some stuff to run through but starting to think electronics may play into the issue. Everything on the newer stuff is electronic based, figured I'd start there. Issue with trailer hookup/lights so have to run through that also. Give a shout when you or HRTKD are in the neighborhood and stop for coffee or a cold one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.