2010 rear DIff blew😡😡 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Engine, Transmission & Drivetrain Technical discussion about the engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2010 rear DIff blew😡😡

Ok so DIff basically went boom on me ,I'm a newb kinda with Nissan DIff n gearing ect ,my problem is ,truck has used warrantee and it's in a shop ,they have searched coast to coast for a used DIff and none avalible anywhere in the gearbratio I have 3.356.shops don't want to rebuild it here either?!only Nissan dealer has for 5000 new😳I asked mechanic if he could just used a different ratio like 2.94 ect and he said no because it has to be what stoxk is to match transfer case and front DIff,is he right or wrong ,I think u could why not .my warrantee will cover 3000 max so trying to see what I can do
The Following User Says Thank You to 6"sexytitan For This Useful Post:
phi021 (06-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 04:23 PM

Thanked 3,502 Times in 2,245 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: 2010 rear DIff blew😡😡

He is right, it has to be a 3.36 gear if that was the OEM gear. Different gearing between front end and back end will not work, they have to be turning at the same speed or one of them is going to explode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Uprev tuned by Seymore, JBA Evol catback, Cajun catless B pipes, Airaid MXP 4" CAI
8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
Pyramid Automotive Retro fit headlights with Xenonvision H1 Hid's and super bright LED reverse lights, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors, Custom grounding kit by FAK.
Pro4X skid plate, 20" double row Cree light bar, rear bumper flushmount Cree LED's
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Dirt King UCA's, Bilstein 5100's mid setting and 1.5" spacer, 1.5" rear block w/Bilstein 5125's.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:06 AM

I don't believe they can't find a rear axle anywhere because they can be found on car-part.com and for under 3000 too. And as mentioned, they need to look for the axle in 3.36 ratio.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,935 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Check with JustDifferentials.com.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned, CSF radiator, e-fans, JBA LT headers»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7l Lariat - The Towing Beast
Jim aka Bionic Whore™

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Yes I found them aswell on car-parts.com thanks ,there having it sent to a 4x4 shop to hopefully rebuild it,one question is there any way to tell if I have elect locker??when I put my vin in it says I do but garage says no as there's no harness or sensor going to DIff?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,935 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

If you have the e-locker there will be a button on the dash, usually low next to the VDC button if you have it.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned, CSF radiator, e-fans, JBA LT headers»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7l Lariat - The Towing Beast
Jim aka Bionic Whore™

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:16 PM

This is so easy - like others mentioned car-parts.com - call the junk yard directly and confirm the axle is in stock and request pictures be sent to your cell phone. if the axle is in great shape, you may even see the sticker on the side that confirms the 3.36 gear ratio.

I have done this every time and get pics via text from junk yard finds all the time. if the part looks good, then confirm local shipping quotes, freight shipping using companies like YRC freight, and other companies.

It's best to find a freight company in your city, then confirm that the same company services the city where the part is located and thus you can have something freight shipped from YRC city X to YRC of city Y.

I did this to avoid shipping doc fee's, etc.

I live in San Antonio, TX and had a e-locker axel shipped to me from el paso TX junk yard - axle i found using car-parts. this was for my Nissan xterra axle.

Thanks,
-J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top