Nissan Titan Forum banner

Hanging Plug, Not sure where it belongs?

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  RussianRedneck 
#1 ·
I have this plug that I is hanging by the radiator and the front grill of the truck. It looks like there is another one just like it that is plugged into some kind of a sensor, I'm guessing its the outdoor temperature sensor, which works fine. Also noticed there is a hole on the same frame that might be used to have an identical temperature sensor that this cable plugs into? Maybe they work in sync together? Anyways, figured I'd turn to the experts to find out and took some pics of the front and the top view.

Here is the front of the truck view

Here is the top view.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Does your truck have fog lights and/or outside temperature option(s)? That looks like the ambient temp sensor next to the extra plug in your picture. If I'm not mistaken that extra plug might be for fog lights if you don't have them. I have fog lights but no ambient temp sensor. I also have an extra plug in the same spot...

#5 ·
I bet it's the fog light harness.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...42702766-where-outside-temp-guage-sensor1.jpg

I don't have ambient temperature as the previous owner didn't get that option. So I have the opposite plug dangling. That's my bet. I'll unplug it and report back if my fogs stop working. I wonder if this means I can hook up the ambient temperature sensor and install a home link temperature mirror in the cab?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.