Nissan Titan Forum banner

Bad exhaust manifold

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Not_Important 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently started a thread regarding engine ticking in the mid range on my truck as well as rough idle on cold starts etc. I thought it was valve train noise which led me to oil experiments. Oddly the oil did seem to have some affect but now I think it was just temperature related (expanding gas/metal). Turns out I have a bad exhaust manifold on the drivers side which is causing this pattering noise. We threw the truck on a lift and gassed it in gear, there was that damn noise. My buddy pulled off the heat shield on the manifold and saw the welds had blown out and there was exhaust all over the outside of the manifold. I took the thing to the dealership to get the manifold replaced. Tustin Nissan in Cali says that both manifolds are on back order... the guy in service said its a pretty common issue but I had never heard of it before. I wonder if this will become a recall. Anyone had an issue with this? My dad has an 05 SE CC and he says his makes the same noise, I've noticed his trucks exhaust is extremely loud for stock as well, which is hilarious to me because he always complains about mine...lol. Hopefully the new manifold doesn't go in 26K like the first one did, and I also wonder about the other side, we didn't check it but the sound is definitely louder on the driver side... oh well time will tell. I can't wait to get it fixed, that damned noise is louder than ever and is interrupting my V8 symphony :rockon

#2 ·
Yea a couple of us have had problems with them. One of mine got replaced at 27k miles and now the other one is getting replaced at 42k. Now my whole exhaust has a different amount of miles as they also replaced my muffler and y pipe before they diagnosed the manifold as the problem.

#3 ·
I have I only have 22k on my truck and two weeks ago they found my passenger manifold was cracked so they ordered and replaced that. Just last friday my cat on the drivers side just came apart inside on the drivers side manifold so now they have to replace that this weekend

#4 ·
Nissan is having alot of them coming apart/cracking & parts are limited..
No rumors of a recall as of yet.

#6 · (Edited)
I've replaced a couple but it is far from an epidemic. Doesn't surprise me they are on back order. That doesn't mean that there are lots of problems, just means Nissan forgot to order enough. Happens all the time.
BTW, I mentioned that in your thread, but everyone there ignored me.

#7 ·
Jared said:
I've replaced a couple but it is far from an epidemic. Doesn't surprise me they are on back order. That doesn't mean that there are lots of problems, just means Nissan forgot to order enough. Happens all the time.
BTW, I mentioned that in your thread, but everyone there ignored me.
I don't know if there are lots of problems, but its still pathetic for anyone to be blowing off their manifolds with a stock engine at 26K. And it isn't just a few ppl, it seems to be pretty common according to the service guy I talked to. All I can say is I hope the new ones don't blow off too.

#8 ·
I think a nice set of headers could be the answer you are looking for!! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.