Oil pan heater - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Engine, Transmission & Drivetrain Technical discussion about the engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Oil pan heater

I'm looking to buy an engine oil pan heater for my titan, I just can't figure out which size will work best and what spot on the oil pan is best for it, does anyone have one of these installed or any pictures of the oil pan on the titan?

Thanks in advance

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Oil pan heater

i think you should have a block heater installed, those magnetic oil pan heaters are ok but just wasting your time in the long run.

2006 LE, CC, BT, 4x4-Blizzard White
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I honestly would rather have my oil heated than my antifreeze. Heated oil is less wear on the engine. I bought a magnetic oil pan heater that is 180 watts and stuck it to the side of the oil pan near the skid plate. There's not really enough room to mount it directly to the bottom and I think the side gives you more pan contact. I can take a picture this weekend if you still interested. I bough it at Schucks for 28 bucks. They also had a adhesive pad with 3m tape on the bottom that you seal with Silicone RTV. I put this on my wifes car and both work like a champ.

The block heater is good but the stealership wants too much money and I think warm oil is better than warm coolant.

2007 SE Granite C/C 4X4 BT,OR,RF,Bed Package
Born 12/18/06 in Mississippi/ adopted 03/31/07 in Anchorage. Man that stork had a good drive.

Improved with Westin black aluminum nerf bars, Husky floor liners, Vent visors, Full billett grill, Black XE door handles,American racing Teflon THUG'S, Top Dawg folding tonneau cover, AEM brute force CAI with prefilter,
PRG 4INCH PERF Package with Saw's, Two 12 volt tech underseat subs with CDT 4100 and cdt replacment door speakers,MD DVD player with 8.5 screen Shift Pass You
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-Medic
I honestly would rather have my oil heated than my antifreeze. Heated oil is less wear on the engine. I bought a magnetic oil pan heater that is 180 watts and stuck it to the side of the oil pan near the skid plate. There's not really enough room to mount it directly to the bottom and I think the side gives you more pan contact. I can take a picture this weekend if you still interested. I bough it at Schucks for 28 bucks. They also had a adhesive pad with 3m tape on the bottom that you seal with Silicone RTV. I put this on my wifes car and both work like a champ.

The block heater is good but the stealership wants too much money and I think warm oil is better than warm coolant.

My thoughs exactly, I would perfer to install the adhesive pad myself, according to padheaters.com a 250watt 4" x 4.5" pad would be good, now I'm just wondering if there is a decent spot to attach it to the oil pan
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 AM

Yea i think attaching it to the side of the pan gives you the best mounting surface. Crawl under there and you will see what I mean.

Born 12/18/06 in Mississippi/ adopted 03/31/07 in Anchorage. Man that stork had a good drive.

Improved with Westin black aluminum nerf bars, Husky floor liners, Vent visors, Full billett grill, Black XE door handles,American racing Teflon THUG'S, Top Dawg folding tonneau cover, AEM brute force CAI with prefilter,
PRG 4INCH PERF Package with Saw's, Two 12 volt tech underseat subs with CDT 4100 and cdt replacment door speakers,MD DVD player with 8.5 screen Shift Pass You
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:10 PM

I realize this is an old thread but AF Medic, do you have a pic of your install. We leave up in the hills outside anchorage and leave our cars outside. All my neighbors suggest getting one for my truck but I want to see how the install looks. What about a battery heater or transmission heater.

2008.5 Pro-4x and love it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Due to the limited mounting on the Oil pan, I bought a magnetic one from shucks and stick on the side of the pan and routed to cord to the grill operning. A battery heater is a waste. The transmission might not be bad, but not to many of folks in anchorage use one. I would buy the Magneticone for 30 bucks and call it good. They have an adhesive one but only half the pan is metal.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 PM

Any pics on an install from a pad version and a magnetic version?

2012 Nissan Titan SV CC 4WD
Alaska bound...RECON
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Premium User

Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,755 Posts
Garage

I would think that as long as you are heating the engine oil pan externally you might as well heat the transmission pan also.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
Jim aka Bionic Whore
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Premium User

iTrader Score: 8 reviews

This thread is 6 yrs old, FYI

08 Pro-4x moonroof,Tow,DVD,SWB,BullyDog Pup,Banks Monster Exahust, Brute Force intake, Total Chaos UCA's,Tuff Country 1.5" leveling kit,1" rear blocks, PWM, Radiator ByPass Mod,Bilstein 5100's,Limo Tint,325/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs,Black 18x9 5.71", +18mm, Rims,

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Premium User

Thanked 2,557 Times in 1,755 Posts
Garage

Yeah, but it's still relevant. "Global warming" hasn't set in enough.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
Jim aka Bionic Whore
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 AM

I just installed pad heaters on my oil and transmission pans, (along with the block heater) the ones from nissan that stick on with rtv silicone. I put it on the back side of the oil pan and that thing smokes a little. Scares the crap out of me! Anyone use these pad heaters and seen this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top