Nissan Titan Forum banner

How To: Remove the Bedside Toolbox

21K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  busemans 
#1 ·
The bedside toolbox is fairly easy to remove and install once you know all the attachment points. To prevent any damage to the toolbox have a partner help with holding the toolbox. This process can be done solo but having a partner makes it a lot easier. It is not necessary to remove the mud flap.

Start by removing the wheel well liner. There are two body panel fasteners and one screw. To get to the second body panel fastener you must open the toolbox.

Close the toolbox door. Remove one of the two bolts from the front of the toolbox. Loosen the second bolt but do not remove it. This will prevent the toolbox from dropping to the ground before you are ready to remove it.

Remove three of the four bolts from the rear of the toolbox. Loosen the fourth bolt but do not remove it.

While supporting the toolbox remove the loosened bolts from the front and rear of the toolbox. Pull the toolbox out to detach the fasteners at the top of the toolbox. It may be necessary to use a set of pliers to pinch the inside of the plastic fastener.

Once removed place the toolbox with the door facing up. This will prevent the paint from getting scratched.

Install is the reverse of the removal steps.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: royr and ostaF
#4 ·
Sorry, I can't help you there other than to watch for Titans being parted out.

#5 ·
Try partmyride.com. You can search for Titans in junk yards and receive alerts for new arrivals.

#6 ·
Reviving this old thread, as I am replacing my rusted out box….the big question:

Any write ups on how to replace the key cylinder??

#8 ·
Well, never mind. I figured it out….really easy. The big plastic cover on the back pops up, then a spring clip holds the lock cylinder in. Pull the spring clip and the key cylinder pops out!

#9 ·
Would you happen to have any pictures of the topside of the toolbox after it has been removed from the pickup box? I've taken mine fully apart to have it the framework powder coated but unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to put the topside back together. Specifically, the U shaped torsion bar that runs over the topside of framework. The bolts and studs line up in the fore/aft direction, but the angle is all jacked up. Thanks much for your help.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.