Cruise "SET" light flashing - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan FAQ & Howto Area This area servers as a holding place for all FAQ entires, and Howto Articles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cruise "SET" light flashing

Anybody know what would cause the cruise "SET" light to start flashing while driving? I was not using cruise, just rolling through town @ 35mph. Its an 04 and I have used cruise control less than a dozen times. Had to reset the ECU, have not seen the light since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 PM

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Re: Cruise "SET" light flashing

Pg 5-17-5-18

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...ssan-Titan.pdf

The Following User Says Thank You to BuckyBadger For This Useful Post:
goree (05-22-2012)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzimmermann
Anybody know what would cause the cruise "SET" light to start flashing while driving? I was not using cruise, just rolling through town @ 35mph. Its an 04 and I have used cruise control less than a dozen times. Had to reset the ECU, have not seen the light since.

I had the same thing happen while driving to work the other day. At the next light I shut the truck off and restarted it and it works fine ever since. I use it every day for 30 to 40 miles and no problems yet. If it happens again I will go to the dealer and get it checked
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyBadger
Pg 5-17-5-18
What that says is take it directly to the dealership. That kinda sucks. My set light started blinking one day, but when I restarted it was fine. It would happen every once in a while, and got worse until it finally the cruise control light never even came back on after a restart. No blinking set light no cruise light, nothing. I would appreciate anyones input on this, as my warranty, of course, just ran out.

edit: Just checked the ACDS switch at the brake pedal and it is adjusted correctly. I'm guessing it must be a problem with the switch in the steering wheel?

Last edited by stnjohnson; 08-25-2007 at 07:43 AM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 PM

I have seen one of the buttons getting stuck down cause this on more than one occasion.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 05:24 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tutttitan

mine started blinking and it turned out to be a blown fuse

current Mods:
-cst 8" suspension lift
-window tint
-Black headlights w/ projectors
-black euro tailights
-flowmaster 40 series
-jvc dvd head unit
-kicker door speakers
-solobaric subs
-fiberglass box
-billet grill
-stillen bumper
-bed sliding tire rack
-shock hoop
-diamo 18" rims
-nitto mudgrapplers

coming soon:
-prg upper arms
-racerunner coilovers
-deaver long travel springs
-racerunner bypass shocks
-road armor winch bumper w/ warn 9500 winch
-toyo 37"x13.5
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 05:43 AM

I checked both fuses, and even though they looked good, I still changed them. I dunno about a button being stuck. The external piece of the button is fine. Are you talking about an internal part?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnjohnson
I checked both fuses, and even though they looked good, I still changed them. I dunno about a button being stuck. The external piece of the button is fine. Are you talking about an internal part?
I have had an internal part short and cause that but the best way to find out is to hook up to it and find out what codes is in it or if you have access to a consult you can find out what the switches are doing or if the circuit is open.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with the cruise control. Highly intermittant, but would typically quit on the 200 mile trip to the cabin. Usually once on the way there and once way home. Could not resume or set new speed when it happened Turning off/on with steering wheel control would allow me to use cruise control again. LAST weekend the SET light flashed when it failed... new symptom. Could NOT correct by turning off / on at steering wheel. Cruise was a vegetable until I turned off engine and restarted. About 10 miles down the road I noticed the SES light was on.
Suspect it came on as soon as I started it up again. Took to dealer and they ordered new switch. Didn't say what switch, but the paperwork says : " P1564 ASCD Light. Light cleared & parts ordered. ASCD switch internal failure " I will update next week after they finish the job. This is warrantee work on my 2005.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 07:22 AM

Neverlate, it would be really helpful if you could ask them what they installed and fixed in layman terms.

From some other threads it seems like the ASCD switch is the little switch under the steering wheel that tells whether the brake pedal is depressed or not.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnjohnson
Neverlate, it would be really helpful if you could ask them what they installed and fixed in layman terms.

From some other threads it seems like the ASCD switch is the little switch under the steering wheel that tells whether the brake pedal is depressed or not.

Will do stnjohnson!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:39 PM

I finally got this fixed on mine, they tried to replace the ASCD switch at first as that is what the nissan program (don't know what its called, swift or something like that). Anyways the problem never went away and then I took it back and they replaced the switches on the steering wheel and it has been fine since. I had the same flashing SET light problem off and on over the years usually only when doing long periods of highway driving but it got worse and finally just never worked. Have not had a problem in over 2 weeks since I got it fixed and have used it quite a bit.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 PM

STNJohnson, I got mine back from the dealer and Bighitter nailed it already in the last post. They replaced the whole 3 switch assembly on the sterring wheel rH side. The invoice states the part number is 25551-7S110 'switch assembly.' Wish I could tell you how much it cost, but I'm still warrantee, so the invoice says N/C. Encouraged to hear it fixed it for Bighitter, since I won't know untill my next long drive to the cabin (usually failed once or twice on the 3 hour trip). Good luck !
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM

Thanks guys, since I'm not under warranty that will narrow it down and hopefully keep the cost reasonable.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,364 Times in 2,230 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The steering wheel cc switch is about $70 from Courtesy Parts.

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top