SLIP LIGHT> ABS LIGHT> Check Engine Light????? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy SLIP LIGHT> ABS LIGHT> Check Engine Light?????

I just bought my first Titan 2 weeks ago. LOVED it so far. Its a 2004 Titan CC 4X4 with 60,000 miles. I have used the four wheel drive very lightly only twice. This morning i started my truck and the SLIP light and ABS are stuck on. I also cannot get my truck into 4 wheel drive. It just blinks at me like im an idiot. The lights weren't on when i turned it off last night in my Garage.Temp outside is about 25 F. I have topped off the brake fluid to the MAX line and still they stay on. I am beginning to get nervous that this is going to get costly. Autozone pulled up some aaEVAP code. CONTROL SYSTEM GROSS LEAK DETECTED. I didnt know if this was the Duals I just put on her causing this? Please HELP!!!!! This is starting to wear on my decision to own my first titan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 AM

Re: SLIP LIGHT> ABS LIGHT> Check Engine Light?????

Don't worry about the evap code. There is a tsb on the evap system and when the valve gets gunked up it will throw a code. Mine does that occasionally and I just clear the code...no need to worry there. That evap issue is not related to the other stuff that is going on.

The ABS and slip light could be an ABS sensor issue. I'm not sure if there would be a code in the ECU for that or not? If it's a bad ABS sensor, that would be a cheap and easy fix. Did you go anywhere offroad and possibly damaged an ABS sensor? They are located just behind the front wheels. Maybe you can crawl under and have a look to see if the wire is cut or anything looks out of place. The sensor is held in place by a little clip, and if it came loose and got damaged, it could be as easy as putting a new sensor and clipping it back into place. Does your truck start and run properly in 2wd?

2005 Titan LE King Cab 4x4 Offroad Big Tow FFV.

Radiant Silver with charcoal leather interior, black Nissan OEM brush guard, 33x12.50r17LT Hercules Trail Digger tires on OEM OR 7-spoke 17" rims, Rough Country 3" lift, 1" rear block, Bilsteins 5100s front and rear, Hawk LTS brake pads, MOOG lower ball joints, 2011 Pro4x rear end, Axle vent mod, 2 degree timing advance, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Stock Airbox mod with K&N filter, Magnaflow 14" SI/SO muffler on stock pipes with T304 stainless double-wall tip, Optima Yellow Top D34 battery, OEM Rockford Fosgate audio system, Protecta chrome tool box, 6000K HID headlights, TomTom GO 920 Navigation system.

2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD - Wife's ride
The Following User Says Thank You to NBhunter80 For This Useful Post:
Cricket7 (12-14-2009)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

TSB???? Yeah my truck runs great still in 2WD. I have only put my truck in 4WD on the hard road in about 3 inches of snow. there wasnt even any clear spots on the road so I know i didnt hurt it, plus that was a week ago. I didnt do anything Jarring at all. Its just wierd those lights came on after sitting in my garage all night. I appreciate your help. I will crawl under her tonight and see if anything looks out of sorts. I have an appointment with a friend at 4 to plug it in for diagnosis. I still love my truck i am just scared that this is going to cost me a fortune. I mean honestly who wants a 2 WD truck. NOT THIS GUY!!
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 12:22 PM

How is the battery? if it is weak it will cause some problems that you have. Setting overnight your battery could have run down.

2004 King cab SE 4X4 White. Mud flaps. Debadged
Iron Cross Nerf Bars. U-Haul Hitch
Lund Bug Deflector - Clear painted White
Line X Bed liner with rubber bed mat
Armada front air dam. Hellwig Traction Springs
Bilsteins 5100 fronts set at 1 inch. 1" rear drop shackles
PML Larger capacity black powder-coated differential cover.
Extang Express Tonneau Cover. Hoppy Tailgate Assist
Wet Okole Front seat covers.
New front differential at 60500 miles. [goodwill fix denied]
Detroit Truetrac at 61000 miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Herbpov For This Useful Post:
Cricket7 (12-14-2009)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

battery seems to be more than fine but thank you for the suggestion.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
TSB????
Trouble Service Bulletin. Basically it means that Nissan acknowledged that there is a problem with the design and suggested how to fix it, but it is not worth a recall and it is up to you to fix it. Like I said...don't worry about the evap thing. As long as you can still fill your gas tank you are good to go. It will whistle a bit when filling up...but who cares. If it gets really bad, pressure will build in your gas tank and constantly shut off the gas pump because it will think your tank is full when it is not. It is best not to let your tank go down to dead empty otherwise you might have to trickle fuel into the tank until you get back up to 1/8 or something. Worst case, gas could shoot out of the tank like when you blow into a juice box through the straw. This happened to my gf's mom with her murado lol. If that happens you might have to replace it...but it is cheap and easy to fix. If you use the search feature there are tonnes of threads about this issue.

But yeah, look for the ABS sensor wire and see if there is a problem with it. Check this link to BlackBeauty's brake install thread. There are a few good pics here where you can see the ABS sensor and wire clearly
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...hawk-pads.html

2005 Titan LE King Cab 4x4 Offroad Big Tow FFV.

Radiant Silver with charcoal leather interior, black Nissan OEM brush guard, 33x12.50r17LT Hercules Trail Digger tires on OEM OR 7-spoke 17" rims, Rough Country 3" lift, 1" rear block, Bilsteins 5100s front and rear, Hawk LTS brake pads, MOOG lower ball joints, 2011 Pro4x rear end, Axle vent mod, 2 degree timing advance, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Stock Airbox mod with K&N filter, Magnaflow 14" SI/SO muffler on stock pipes with T304 stainless double-wall tip, Optima Yellow Top D34 battery, OEM Rockford Fosgate audio system, Protecta chrome tool box, 6000K HID headlights, TomTom GO 920 Navigation system.

2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD - Wife's ride
The Following User Says Thank You to NBhunter80 For This Useful Post:
Cricket7 (12-14-2009)
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: SLIP LIGHT> ABS LIGHT> Check Engine Light?????

NBhunter80 is AWESOME!!!!!! Thanxs man Ill post tonight. You have been a ton of help to this Titan Rookie. You have been a ton of help!!!!!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: SLIP LIGHT> ABS LIGHT> Check Engine Light?????

Just got it diagnosed with my friends code reader. Right rear speed sensor is reading ZERO at all speed ranges. The other three read proper speed. It came up with code 1101. Is this seriously why my SLIP and ABS light is on the whole time and I cant get in 4WD? I ordered the part. It was 40 bucks. Not a clue what it looks like or how hard it is to change. ANY ONE KNOW? Am I seriously going to be able to get away with such a cheap repair?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Bump.....
Still need an answer to the bottom please
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket7 View Post
Just got it diagnosed with my friends code reader. Right rear speed sensor is reading ZERO at all speed ranges. The other three read proper speed. It came up with code 1101. Is this seriously why my SLIP and ABS light is on the whole time and I cant get in 4WD? I ordered the part. It was 40 bucks. Not a clue what it looks like or how hard it is to change. ANY ONE KNOW? Am I seriously going to be able to get away with such a cheap repair?
My truck is doing the exact same thing. The sensor is really easy to change. If you climb under your truck you cant miss it. I checked all mine out and there isn't any visible damage to any of them. Does one of yours look like it was hit with something?
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

I dont even know what i am looking for under there but nothing looks loose or cracked or broken. I wiggled everything and its all tight. Are they hard to change? know where i can find a couple pictures of instal?
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2titan View Post
ABS LIGHT + SLIP can mean new brakes needed or low brake fluid. Check both.
So anytime your fluid is low or your pads are worn the 4wd wont engage? My pads are all at about 50% right now. I'll have to check my fluid.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 AM

cricket7 and rynomx785,
Yes the ABS sensor can cause your broblems as it did on my 05. My right rear was damaged when the axle bearing went out but just being dirty can also cause this I think. I'm not at my truck where I can check right now but I think it is a 13mm bolt that holds a clip with the sensor going thru it. As stated earlier, it is easy to change. It is located at the top and back of the part that holds all the brake parts. I have some pictures that might help but don't yet know how to post pictures, but if you want to let me know your email address I can send you the pics.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 08:42 AM

I know where it is but neither of mine look damaged. I'm gonna get the code read today and figure out which one it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top