Bad Catalytic Converter - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Bad Catalytic Converter

Ok so i have a 2004 Titan and my check engine light has come on and now there is a rattling noise coming from the catalytic converter on the passenger side. I understand there is a 80k warrenty to cover that... But would that cover an engine replacement due to fragments from the converter being sucked back into the engine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:25 PM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Re: Bad Catalytic Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steban View Post
Ok so i have a 2004 Titan and my check engine light has come on and now there is a rattling noise coming from the catalytic converter on the passenger side. I understand there is a 80k warrenty to cover that... But would that cover an engine replacement due to fragments from the converter being sucked back into the engine?
What error code are you getting on your(CEL)?
#3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 PM

How would stuff from the CC be sucked back into the engine?! You must teach me this new physics law you just introduced.

btw, its warranty. And that's how you pronounce it. Helps to claim it when you say it right to the service advisor.

Ok spit it up, what did you do to your engine? I can feel you are just beating around something else here

My TT status expired! Time flies! Please don't thank me in any posts. I never cared for that nonsense and in fact hate it. So dont do it!
#4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to import2nr Send a message via Yahoo to import2nr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrate View Post
How would stuff from the CC be sucked back into the engine?! You must teach me this new physics law you just introduced.

btw, its warranty. And that's how you pronounce it. Helps to claim it when you say it right to the service advisor.

Ok spit it up, what did you do to your engine? I can feel you are just beating around something else here
Check this thread and do a search . Cats get sucked up more often than you think with these trucks.
When cats go bad... engine goes BANG?

Last edited by import2nr; 05-21-2010 at 11:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to import2nr For This Useful Post:
O-FiveCC (05-22-2010)
#5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by import2nr View Post
Check this thread and do a search . Cats get sucked up more often than you think with these trucks.
When cats go bad... engine goes BANG?
I am speechless.

My dismayal at the emissions system cannot be contained within this post. And just to think about it, nissan used to make non pos just a few years ago. Love me EGRs in my other ones...

My TT status expired! Time flies! Please don't thank me in any posts. I never cared for that nonsense and in fact hate it. So dont do it!

Jump to top