Originally Posted by beetlegus
How hard is it to change out the drivers side window motor? What tools are needed? Thanks
Easy. 10mm socket, 3 inch extention, cordless impact, pocket screwdriver, and suction cups if you don't want to leave prints on the window glass.
FRONT DOOR GLASS REGULATOR ASSEMBLY
1. Remove the front door finisher.
2. Remove the hole cover over rear glass bolt.
3. Operate the power window main switch to raise/lower the door window until the glass bolts can be seen.
4. Remove the inside seal.
5. Remove the glass bolts.
6. Raise the front door glass and hold it in place with suitable tool.
7. Disconnect the harness connector from the regulator assembly.
8. Remove the bolts and the regulator assembly.
Replace the power window regulator motor.
1. Install the regulator assembly.
2. Connect the harness connector to the regulator assembly.
3. Align the glass and install the glass bolts.
4. Reset the limit switch.
5. Install front door finisher.
SETTING AFTER INSTALLATION
Setting of Limit Switch
1. Raise the glass to the top position.
2. While pressing and holding the reset switch, lower the glass to the bottom position.
3. Release the reset switch. Verify that the reset switch returns to the original position, if not, pull the switch using suitable tool.
4. Raise the glass to the top position.
Do not operate the glass automatically to raise the glass to the top position.
Front door glass regulator assembly nuts and bolt: 7.5 N·m (0.77 kg-m, 66 in-lb)
Glass bolts: 6.1 N·m (0.62 kg-m, 54 in-lb)