nissan frontier stolen without key - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
nissan frontier stolen without key

Our Nissan Frontier ( Nismo) was stolen last night. Is it possible that someone can enter the car fast, without making any noise and start it without a key? It was locked and the dogs didn't bark, nobody heard anything. We were home. One of the keys were lost about 3 months ago. (I don't know where it went, I know it was in the house last, because I drove the car home and thought I just misplaced it but the keys never showed up and I've looked all over.) I just can't believe the missing keys have something to do with it, why would they wait so long before using them. Anyway, so my question is how is it possible that they did it without a key? They could not have towed it away, it was parked facing forward and anyway, don't they need to get in anyway to tow it? There was no glass/ anything that showed they broke something to get in. Any info would help. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:48 PM

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Re: nissan frontier stolen without key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryna Blom View Post
Our Nissan Frontier ( Nismo) was stolen last night. Is it possible that someone can enter the car fast, without making any noise and start it without a key? It was locked and the dogs didn't bark, nobody heard anything. We were home. One of the keys were lost about 3 months ago. (I don't know where it went, I know it was in the house last, because I drove the car home and thought I just misplaced it but the keys never showed up and I've looked all over.) I just can't believe the missing keys have something to do with it, why would they wait so long before using them. Anyway, so my question is how is it possible that they did it without a key? They could not have towed it away, it was parked facing forward and anyway, don't they need to get in anyway to tow it? There was no glass/ anything that showed they broke something to get in. Any info would help. Thank you.
Damn. Sorry for the loss. Hopefully it'll turn up....unharmed. As far as the direction in which it was sitting, doesn't really matter; someone can still pick it up off the cement with wheel dolly's and turn it around if needed to tow. You do not need to have access into the vehicle to tow it; unless its an all-wheel vehicle, which I'm sure the frontier is not.
The only way I can think of starting the engine without a key is hot wiring, obviously--and I have no experience to make me even the slightest knowledgable on the subject.
If they had the key...I'd think you might have heard them start it?? Then again, if they entered the vehicle they could have gotten in, placed it in neutral and rolled it out of your drive way prior to starting it and driving off??

Modified-Addictions.com

#3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:59 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Do you have a cleaning service or maid who could have found the key?

#4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 AM

Sorry for your loss! I wouldn't rule out the missing key. Like hemislayer1 said do you have a maid or house keeper? Have you had anyone that you dont trust in your house recently? its possible that they could have towed it even if was facing forward. Do you have a loan on it? Hope you have insurance!

Good luck to you!

2008.5 Nissan Titan SE SMOKE
Popular, Tow & Bed Utility Packages
Airaid Intake, Airaid TB Spacer, Nitto Terra Grapplers, John Deere Tool Box, Tinted Windows and More to Come
!

-He is the life of parties he has never attended
-If he were to punch you in the face, you’d have to fight off the urge to thank him.
-His blood smells like cologne.
-Sharks Have a week dedicated to him.

The Most Interesting Man in the World
"Stay Thirsty My Friends"
#5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 AM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

you can open a vehicle without a key and without breaking glass...

I'd suspect missing key. Coworker's frontier was stolen when he left his spare in the vehicle. Insurance bought it, then weeks later it turns up and the police call him to come get it... insurance owned it, so he had to coordinate the delivery to them, which looked awkward and suspicious...
#6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:12 AM

Sorry to hear that. It seems that the burglars already have a plan. Even your dogs didn't notice the intruders.
#7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Thanked 2,870 Times in 1,922 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vilim12

Car wont go in neutral unless the key is in the ON position. Its very possible that a tow set up vehicle might have just dragged it out, ive seen that crap happen in less than 30 seconds on that one TV show. Pulled it down the street and just turned it around and boom, gone for good. Maybe they found the second key right next to the vehicle, ive done it when I was younger I lost my parents car keys and it ended up being in the grass next to the car, mustve dropped it and just forgot. Then they waited a few months so you would forget about misplacing it before the took off with it. Hopefully insurance finds it, but I know I would hate to drive a recovered vehicle.

2008 Nissan Titan Pro-4x CC LWB Smoke
#8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 01:10 AM

There are various ways to get a key

here is a hint: navara.. look it up. did you connect the dots yet?

My TT status expired! Time flies! Please don't thank me in any posts. I never cared for that nonsense and in fact hate it. So dont do it!
#9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Police/ Highway Patrol found our truck. The thief HAD the missing key! Don't know how he got a hold of it, would really like to know. Truck is in perfect shape still, back in our garage. Little dirty inside with 2 new baseball caps and a pair of surgical gloves and a few missing items, but not beaten up at all. Kudo's to the law enforcement officers!! 3 days, AND they were correct in there diagnosis and prognosis :-) Thanks for all your postings, most of you were right on too. Just glad to have my wheels back :-)
#10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to jdkriek

Awesome, glad you got her back.

04' DW BLUE 4X2 KC XE

[CURRENT MODS]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top