High mileage Titans? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
High mileage Titans?

Hi, folks! I have been looking at a couple Titans for sale around here with pretty high miles. An 06 with 115k and an 04 with 135k. My question is for those of you with high mileage trucks. How well do these beasts hold up? Any common problems around these mileage points I should be looking at while shopping? My 1991 Pathfinder has 185k miles, is my daily driver, and still runs like a champ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 PM

Re: High mileage Titans?

Have an 05 with 86k doing well look out for power steering issues had leak on my pump replaced pump and hoses. Also I'd shy away from the 04 the rearend in 06 more than likely will give you less problems
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thid View Post
Hi, folks! I have been looking at a couple Titans for sale around here with pretty high miles. An 06 with 115k and an 04 with 135k. My question is for those of you with high mileage trucks. How well do these beasts hold up? Any common problems around these mileage points I should be looking at while shopping? My 1991 Pathfinder has 185k miles, is my daily driver, and still runs like a champ.
It's not the miles.

It's the use and the maintenance.

Car dealers will have you believe that high mileage is somehow more important than the use or maintenance that the vehicle went through because the former is most easily seen while the latter are more difficult to prove or show.

Any part unmaintained will fail.

Any part that has currently died on the Titan can be a candidate for failure in the future.

I have an '04 with 106k on it.
An axle seal leak, IPDM failure, MAF died out were the unexpected surprises over the past six years.

I replaced shocks, radiator, exhaust manifolds, leaf spring shackles, plus tires as part of a budget I set aside for preventative maintenance. (oh and because I wanted to upgrade those parts as well!)

HippieWhore™
Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 10:24 PM

Thanked 1,116 Times in 717 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Rolled over to the 100k club last month, I now have 100,6xx on the odometer, and I've only had to fix the radiator leak in it. It probably has something to do with the fact that the day before it started to leak I was flooring it up and down an open road having fun. Other than that, solid truck and I am confident it will be around for 150k-200k. I'm actually doing its 100k maintenance tomorrow, spark plugs, oil changes, tranny, rear and front diffs, the works.

2004 4x4 KC SE: BEDLINER EDITION
6'' Fabtech, 2'' PRG spacer, 3" BL, 37/13.50/17 Toyo MT Open Country, Bilsteins on all four on middle perch, +08 4x4 Coils, RC UCAs, JBA LT Headers, Cajun 2.5" Catless B-pipes, 3"in/3"out Borla XR-1 muffler, 2.5"in/3"out Magnaflow Y-Pipe, Airaid MXP 4" CAI, custom pre-runner bumper, 4 7" Kragen HiD lights, 8k 35w HiD lows, Koyo Radiator, Headlight mod, center console shifter swap and much more...

What's Next: Uprev, Traction bars and Trutrac...
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bigfinderman

Like stated, just look for obvious signs of wear and tear. Check for leaks. If buying from a private owner, ask for maintenance records. I have an 06 with 132xxx on it and still runs like it did win i bought it. My buddy sold an 04 a while back that had about 210xxx on it. I still see it running around town. Probably has over 220xxx on it by now.

06 Smokd out XE KC
2* Timing advance
Magnaflow Exhaust
Airbox Mod with K&N
Dropped 2" in rear
Powerstop drilled/slotted kit
Tint
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 03:39 PM

Thanked 1,449 Times in 836 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Can I ask what they are asking for them? In cali you can find an 04 with less then 100k for about 10grand.. and I sold an 04 78k miles with 6k in lift for 12k.... so just make sure you are not over spending on something with that many miles...

1/4 12.868@104.12 Famoso Racway

yeah, you just got beat by a girl

<3<3<3<3<3

BABY WIKED ON THE WAY
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanupgirl425 View Post
Can I ask what they are asking for them? In cali you can find an 04 with less then 100k for about 10grand.. and I sold an 04 78k miles with 6k in lift for 12k.... so just make sure you are not over spending on something with that many miles...
The 04 is an SE Crew 4x4 with all the Big Tow and Off Road toys. It is listed for $10,600.

The 06 is an SE King Cab 4x4. It is a pretty standard SE, the only option is has is the captains chairs and console shifter. It is listed for $13,850.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 04:33 PM

I've got an 04 with 80,000 miles on it, and the only thing that keeps pestering me, are the brakes. Until I upgrade to a larger size, that's all I complain about.

Most importantly, I service it at the dealer every 4 months, and I firmly believe that is why I have no problems with it.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 08:13 PM

I have an 05 cc 4x4 offroad se with over 130k that I ordered new from the factory. I've had an exhaust leak since 25k, replaced both console power outlets, had a new rear axle put in at 63k($3200 including rental truck covered by extended warranty), had a transmission mount and abs sensor replaced at 99,850 miles(part of the punch list just before the extended warrany expired). Currently I'm planning having my front struts replaced with the newer version of the quick lift(supposedly better than the one everyone rails on here) because my truck is riding pretty low in the front. I think the springs have sagged a good1-1.5 inches both front and back. I'm running helper springs in back to overcome the sagging. I tow frequently and drive offroad at least a couple times a week because I work in remote locations. The truck has held up fairly well to the abuse I've given it. I maintain it pretty well. I have had the tranny flushed twice. I forgot to mention at about 70k I sucked a little sandy water into the steering system while fording the river behind my house. This necessitated a new rack and pinion. I think the titans don't swim as well as I would like. I'm planning on running this truck at least another 70k before I replace it with something less used. I will probably look at another titan to replace it if they have a better in bed payload in the newer years. I'm in the market right now for a diesel because the titan isn't heavy enough to pull some of the equipment my partner pulls around with his diesel. I have hauled around at least a few hundred pounds of stuff consistently along with pulling a 4-5000 lb trailer about 10-15% of the time. I've pulled as much as 9k(which I don't recommend). I think the truck has been a good value for me. I appreciate how smooth it is offroad. I can traverse the ranch roads twice as fast as my partner can in his diesel because he bounces off the road much easier. I go through a battery about every 14-16 months so I buy batteries that have 3 years free replacement. Currently my backup beepers and my elocker aren't working. I'm out of warranty so I'll figure it out when I get some time.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yamahatitan

I just rolled over 75,000 2 days ago on my 06.
I have had the exhaust manifolds replaced under warranty, gasket in water pump when first bought the truck again under warranty, and I had one of the front drive shaft U-joints seize up from lack of grease. That failed right out of warranty.

2006 Nissan Titan CC LE 4x4 Offroad Package.
Mods.
Stillen Supercharger, Stiegemeier blower porting, intake manifold porting, 90mm snout, FT90, 550cc injectors, Walbro 255, Uprev tuned w/line pressure, Airaid MXP 4" Intake, Banks Exhaust, Stillen long tube headers with Cajun 2.5" catless b-pipes, vibrant UQ, Stillen CSF 2 core radiator, Bully Dog BDGT to monitor.
Pro-Comp 6" lift, Radflo 2.5" External Reservoir Coilovers, PRG Custom billet spacer, PRG Upper Control arms, C-30 Deaver, Prg Shackles, Prg Drive Shaft Spacer, Prg Offroad Traction Bars, Toyo Open Country A/T 325-65/18 on XD Monster 18"
Stillen Cross drilled and Slotted Sport rotors in front and rear with Stillen Metal Matrix brake pads.
Billet Upper and Lower Grill, 55 w. 6000K HID's in low-beams, 35w. 6000K HID's in fog lights, Glo-Shift Trans temp, Water temp, and Oil Pressure gauges in A-Piller, 5% Tint on all rear windows and 15% on front windows.

459.4hp and 447.3 lbs.

SOLD but never forgotten...
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 AM

I'm at 90K with my 2004, which I bought new. I had the brakes replaced under warranty a few years ago and the airbag light on my dash blinks (the various reset tricks didn't work for me). Other than that, it's been typical maintenance / wear and tear, like a battery, tires, etc. I think mine has seen around 3K-4K miles of towing my race car and trailer around.

Drew
2004 Titan XE KC 4x2
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies! I'm about to finish the refinance on my house in the next couple weeks, then after that it's Titan shopping time!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Digging up an old thread here because it addresses the same question I have. Anyone have any newer reports on high miles Titans? Back when this was written they were all practically new.

I am considering an '06 CC SE that has 115k on the clock. Wondering if I should expect it to last to 200k? 300k?

Need some feed back from some real high mileage road warriors.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Garage

246,000 Km running strong!

2005 Nissan Titan SE Crew 4x4
Maple 4x4 Bull Bar
KC Daylighters
Atturo Trail Blazers 35x12.5x18
Magnaflow CatBack Rear Exit
6" Rough Country Lift
Weathertech Floor Liners

Last edited by CanadaStick; 09-06-2014 at 08:01 AM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 09:18 PM

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

um.. dude,, that's only ‪16,404‬ miles... i think you're missing a zero there or some-such

almost 130K here on my09... daily mountain oilfield transport/tow Half and half on/off road. No issues I didn't cause through operator error.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top