Radiator covered under powertrain warranty??? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Radiator covered under powertrain warranty???

I have a 2008 titan with 37500 miles. Has a bad leak under the radiator now. Right over Bumper-to-bumper. My truck has has leaking antifreeze since the day i bought it. Ive had them fix it like 5 times and it makes the serpentine belt squeak so they have fixed that numerous times too. Its rediculous. I have some receipts from when the fixed it before (radiator cap and serpentine belt usually) under warranty. Ive spent $100,000 at this dealer with 2 titans and an armada. If i go in and throw a fit on how they should have fixed it in the first place and blah blah do you think they will fix the radiator under warranty? Ive had nothing but problems since day 1. I think i might call 1 800 nissan1 and throw a fit and see if they will call the dealer and work something out. Anyone have advice??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: Radiator covered under powertrain warranty???

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersexyguy71 View Post
I have a 2008 titan with 37500 miles. Has a bad leak under the radiator now. Right over Bumper-to-bumper. My truck has has leaking antifreeze since the day i bought it. Ive had them fix it like 5 times and it makes the serpentine belt squeak so they have fixed that numerous times too. Its rediculous. I have some receipts from when the fixed it before (radiator cap and serpentine belt usually) under warranty. Ive spent $100,000 at this dealer with 2 titans and an armada. If i go in and throw a fit on how they should have fixed it in the first place and blah blah do you think they will fix the radiator under warranty? Ive had nothing but problems since day 1. I think i might call 1 800 nissan1 and throw a fit and see if they will call the dealer and work something out. Anyone have advice??
I don't have much advice, but only a x2 on your plan. I would start with the dealer first, talk to the service manager first, if that doesn't get you anywhere, go up to the general manager. You could also try talking to your sales person if they are still employed there.

2005 Titan CC 4x4 SE

Suspension: PRG UCA, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks, 2008+ Shackles
Wheels: 2009 20" Nissan OEM Rims, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60R20
Sound: Kenwood 9980HD, JVC Powered Sub
Engine: Nismo CAI, Bully Dog GT

Slowly removing all PRG Products from my truck.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 10,749 Times in 5,271 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Radiator is not part of a powertrain warranty....however at that mileage and a repeat fix, I would go with the plan above....
#4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 7 reviews

The radiator is not covered under the powertrain. I would not go in the dealer & throw a fit. Remember you get a better responce if you ask nicely. Remind them that you have had many problems with the radiator & that you do spend money with the dealer. If they say no then just walk away & call the consumer affairs number. Remember be nice. Being an a$$ will get you no where.(at leaste at my dealer).

2007 dodge 3500 5.9 auto trans dually pulling a 2010 keystone sprinter 300KBS travel trailer.
the best has yet to cum

Jump to top