Nissan Titan Forum banner

Plastic dip thread!

437K views 2K replies 387 participants last post by  noel55 
#1 ·
Ive seen it on many other forums an it has been popular. Post photos of anything you did plastic dip! I'm doing some stuff tmmrw!

Reactions: BigWill89
#2,125 ·
Not too sure.. I did about 6 coats on mine and sprayed side to side and then up and down and it evened out after maybe a full day of drying. Whats the weather where u are? That plays a part in it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2,126 ·
Lots of thin coats helps to minimize the uneven look. If it still looks uneven after a few days I would go over the existing stuff with a few more light coats and it should even out

#2,133 ·
id 1st just let it dry out... i know it sucks but it should even out

it might just be that the bottom coats have not had a chance to dry out ... i over sprayed some things before (metal using bbq paint) and it took like 3 days to dry and look even which had me all paranoid haha

#2,130 ·
i did that and it did even out i read on dyc forum use a light coat of paint thinner on a rag it reactivaes the the dip and will even it out read on there forum before doing it i dont want to be the cause of you screwing it up lol

#2,131 ·
FYI: DO NOT waste your money on Metalizers

the effect is more like a sparkleizer since it ends up looking like a sparkly girls lip gloss and nothing like a metal flake.

i tried the gold bronze and clear metelizers and i was looking for more of a metal flake effect but got this glittery sparkle look.

#2,137 ·
the GOLD metalizer looks pretty cool when its all dried and finished.

#2,141 ·
Nothing exiting...repaired my dented rear bumper and then plasti dipped it. Was planning on PD rear bumper anyways. Doing the front bumper soon...Say no to Chrome! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#2,142 ·
So far I have plasti dipped my wheels, wiper cowl, wipers, bed rails, mirrors, and today emblems. All is holding up great.

Attachments

#2,143 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Did the DIY grill mod and plasti dipped the front bumper:smile:

#2,144 ·
Anyone who's plasti dipped their wheels have any issues after getting tires replaced at a shop having the plasti dip come off from the tire mounting machine? Just curious...

Reactions: Inkedpino
#2,145 ·
Yea its normal. I did a shytload of coats to try to prevent that and put a wax over it to try to protect it and it still did some damage. I just touched up the small spots, it's barely noticable. I just ask the shop to be careful lol

#2,146 ·
has anyone dipped their door handles? I am leaving grille, front and back bumpers chrome wheels mirrors emblems are all black I want to do my handles but i dont know how it will turn out.

#2,147 ·
I didnt because I like the fact that only the high end models have the chrome handles but my buddy did his. Looks good at first but with the amount of use and constantly dragging on them the dip starts to peel. I would suggest getting covers if you want something that would last.

Reactions: Inkedpino
#2,148 ·
Has anyone had their door handles bedliner'd? I would have it done with the good stuff (i.e. @ line-x or the like) because I did my emblems and mirror caps on my old 2004 and had problems with it flaking/chipping off after awhile. This may be a stupid question, but when you plasti dip your emblems, all the pictures I see don't have the paint in and around the emblems taped off... How do you go about removing it once you paint it and does it start to come off after repeated car washes and whatnot??

#2,149 ·
Use a toothpick and pull away It breaks at hard edges like the inside of the emblem

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2,154 ·
[quotePlasti dip has some competition now Flexidip . HD has it for 2 bucks cheaper since it's a new product][/quote]

Well....did you try it yet? Do tell!

#2,155 ·
[quotePlasti dip has some competition now Flexidip . HD has it for 2 bucks cheaper since it's a new product]
Well....did you try it yet? Do tell![/QUOTE]

yes, it works fine. same as plastidip. it doesnt feel as rubbery. I spray like 8 to 9 coat on my louver. when you spray that many coat with plastidip, it has the rubber feel to it. or could be just me. but for 5 bucks i cant complain.

#2,161 ·
Hello everyone!

I was just in pep boys in Encinitas, CA and they for some reason have plasti dip by the gallon in white and black!

You heard me right by the GALLON !! The store manager says he can get most colors from his warehouse.

Selling for 74.99 each gallon. Anyone need these?

#2,162 ·
The pep boys here has it also. They caught on that dip caught on :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.