Nissan Titan Forum banner

4 wheel drive

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cajunjimbo 
#1 ·
well tried my 4 wheel drive to see how well it worked. when i turned it to 4 wheel drive it seemed to engage relay under the dash were clicking but, here the biggie the light on the dash did not turn on. when i turn the ing. on the light is lit but when i turn the switch on the lite does not come on even after driving for a while.

#2 ·
Start truck
put in neutral
turn 4x4 switch
put truck in drive
front wheels on diagram on dash should be lit up.

*might have to move alittle forward to get engaged or backwards to disengage.

#4 ·
were you in 4hi or 4lo? flfinfan's procedure is only necessary for 4lo. you can engage 4hi while in drive (under 30mph i believe). the only light that you will see in 4hi are the two front tires on the truck display. when you are in 4lo an actual '4lo' emblem will light up.

#5 ·
actually the light should NOT be on when in 4 wheel drive, that light should go off when the ignition is on. This light is a warning light that somthing is wrong with the system.
When in 4wheel drive the little icon with the four wheels will show that the front and rear wheels are engaged.
hope this helps.

#6 ·
tnbowhunter said:
actually the light should NOT be on when in 4 wheel drive, that light should go off when the ignition is on. This light is a warning light that somthing is wrong with the system.
When in 4wheel drive the little icon with the four wheels will show that the front and rear wheels are engaged.
hope this helps.
the light tnbowhunter is referring to is the '4wd' light. he is correct in that this light should not be on when 4wd hi or lo is engaged. the light i'm referring to is the '4lo' light which is just below the '4wd' light on the display.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.