Nissan Titan Forum banner

Keystone Good Hood Questions

35K views 197 replies 29 participants last post by  Pale Rider 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to get a good hood and have a few questions.

What's the best price you have found and where?

How long did it take to come in?

How much prep work (sanding and filling) did it take to get ready to paint?
I have seen a lot of fiberglass parts that were pretty rough and some almost ready to paint.

How is the fit and how will do the latches line up?

Thanks for any input

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 · (Edited)
I purchased mine from truckaddons.com, it was the cheapest I could find. It took about two months to get it, I wasn't very happy about that... The finish was good, I took it to get painted and there were no complaints from them. The fit isn't perfect nor is the latch. But it's close enough for me, I'm happy. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Jbowles, you said the fit wasn't perfect.. Where's the imperfections at? I can't see any lol

#8 ·
#7 · (Edited)
With the alignment and gaps, can that not be adjusted at the hinges ?

Also found one for about 800.00 shipped. That sound good?

#11 ·
OK , looking at the hood on my 2010. Could you not enlarge the bolt holes in the hinge and use some fender washers on the nuts to get a little adjustment??? Or would that not be enough??

#13 ·
Thanks,
I also checked with keystone, built to order, at least 4 weeks out. There is no way I will have it for Spring Break Nationals in Daytona..

Reactions: jbowles
#15 ·
It's ordered . Truckaddons.com sold it for 700.00 delivered. Matt , the salesman, also called the factory to find out what the ram air kit was.
Basically the hood has a duct that channels the air to the air box. The ram
air kit is pretty much just a CAI they sell so if you already have a CAI it gives you the RAM AIR without their kit..

#17 ·
Re: Re: Keystone Good Hood Questions

Basically the hood has a duct that channels the air to the air box. The ram
air kit is pretty much just a CAI they sell so if you already have a CAI it gives you the RAM AIR without their kit..
As long as your CAI is an open type (ie. AEM) If it's like the Volant, the lid must be remove.

Sent from my 2005 Red Alert Titan via the Autoguide app on my ASUS Transformer.:D

#22 ·
Don't you have comprehensive? Where that garage door opener GO! no stop!

Reactions: sharkey
#20 ·
Do you have to remove the strikes from the old hood to put on the new one. I was told I would but I don't see how..

#24 ·
#29 · (Edited)
F**k Izzy you are killing me :lol:, you already own one of the sickest Titans for my likes and you're considering getting the hood I want too. I can't get the hood until after deployment when I move back stateside because they want $400 just for shipping to Hawaii :grunge:

#38 ·
I don't see how you've held off. You're making those fat overseas bucks! :)

Not really man, all I get is extra COLA (Cost of Living Allowance) that barely helps with the high prices of sh!t in Hawaii.

The coilovers where better thing to buy though. Well I actually found one used and I'm just gonna trade my rear OEM bumper and 100 bucks for it. I should be picking it up tomorrow. It was just luck that I fount that one

Lucky SOB Can't believe your bumper never sold, I've watched and watched that thing on your FS thread and wished I could have afforded the cost of shipping for that thing too. Hoping I can find all these great deals when I get back. That hood is going to look sexy as phuck on your T bro!

#43 ·
Wierd..... Mine had been ordered from truck addons for over 2 weeks and the ship date is March 12. You might want to check on the ship date again. From what I understad 6 weeks for delivery. Keystone doesnt build them unstill the order is placed. Also I had to call truckaddons back cause they hadnt charged my card but just put a hold on it which fell off because it had been over a week so I thought the order had canceled. I called them and they said they dont actuallly charge the card till it ships. I had them go ahead and charge mine so I didnt have to worry about it...

#45 ·
I had thought they had charged my card when I ordered mine too, but it was a just a hole. It fell off after about a week and the transaction wasn't there anymore so I thought there was a problem with the order and they had refunded it. When I called they said or was just a hold and they bill when it ships

Let me know if you get it before I get mine... If you do I am going to call and fine out why... Maybe their their sending you mine. LMAO

#47 ·
#53 ·
#49 ·
I wish they weren't made to order. 6 weeks is a HUGE wait! So they don't actually charge your account until its actually shipped? That's not to bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.