Nissan Titan Forum banner

Spiral Cable (Clock Spring) broken - Part Number?

66K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Roush 
#1 ·
Hello, purchased a 2007 Titan with 90k miles back in Nov and got a extended 3rd party warranty. Took it into the dealer and they said I had cracked exhaust manifolds (covered), Driver power window motor(covered), AC actuator(not covered) and that the spiral cable that goes to the cruise control is not working. They are adamant that the spiral cable is damaged however looking on this website most people say their airbag light comes up, mine is not. Warranty won't cover it.

Anyways... was looking for the part number. I asked the service agent that's handling my truck for it and he said he'd get back to me but no call. Does anyone have the part number for that? I have the tech manual for replacement, just need to know what the part number is (doesn't list it, cant find it on any parts websites with titan spiral cable or clock spring).

Also, once I get it back I was going to try the SRS Airbag reset. Cruise used to work here and there in the past.

Appreciate the help!

#3 · (Edited)
Clock spring/spiral cable/steering angle sensor PN 47945-AS500
Wow. 500 bucks new! I appreciate you giving me the part number. With that I found part number 479453X10A. will this work in my 2007 Nissan Titan CC 4x2? It appears so, and is only $150 compared to 500.

I know your the electrical guru around here. Long time lurker.

#4 ·
#10 ·
Yeah I was looking at that thread as well and saw your link to the clockspring. I get my Titan back from the dealer today (manifolds and window motor) and then going to try a few things, if those don't work then I'll purchase the clock spring, looks simple to get installed.

#12 ·
Brought my truck in for a recall that involved a flashing airbag light last week and they told me that it was the spiral cable. Guess that explains the cruise not working too. Wanted to charge me $1700 to fix it, as well as another $80 to change the belt. Told them they were nuts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

#14 ·
This is what my T has started doing...I took a video of it happening today....LINKY I just barely have to move the steering wheel and it starts..

do you think this could be the clock spring also? if so I could not find the correct part number for my T. All the part numbers I have found on here when i check on Nissan Parts | Online Nissan OEM Parts and Accessories with my vin it says that the part does not fit

#15 ·
I had the same problem with my Clock Spring after installing the lift, Although the Maxima and 350z uses the same clock spring the maxima and 350z are not 4X4, long story short when I went to engage 4x4 nothing, although my radio and cruise works, I still have yet to find a clock spring less than $340

#17 · (Edited)
COMBO SWITCH for 2008 Nissan Titan|25560-ZH39D

MY TITAN IS A 2008 SE 4X4 FLEX FUEL. DO RESEARCH FOR YOUR SPECIFIC YEAR/TRIM!

Ok, so i called the dealership and tried to get a price ($286.00-ish) and a part number for the part that they would order to replace the spiral cable/clock spring. The entire job done by the dealership was quoted at just under $600.00.

This is the part number Nissan gave me: 25560-ZH39D

The link i posted above is the best price ($185.00) that i could find for that part number. Other websites advertise that the combo switch assy includes the clock spring. I called the number to quirkparts.com customer service and asked a couple of questions to verify that, yes, it does in fact include the clock spring. I am going to be doing this myself here in a week or so when the part gets here. I'll be following some guides to the G35, 370-Z, and frontier. From everything I have seen online, the steering columns look very similar. I will try to make a video but don't get bent out of shape if i don't come through with that.

#21 ·
sorry i haven't been around the forum for a little bit. the part shipping got cancelled because my billing address was messed up somehow i think. and i was in the hospital taking care of my wife wait to have our daughter. I'M A DAD NOW *****ES!!! gonna try and order the part again tonight.

#24 · (Edited)
This part didnt work to resolve my issue. My airbag light is blinking and throwing a code. They told me more than likely its the clock spring. After installing and trying to reset the light, the airbag light is still blinking.

UPDATE: I spoke with my local nissan dealer and they confirmed this is the same part they will sell you if you go to any nissan dealer and ask for a clock spring for this model of Titan. Part # 25560-ZH3D $269

#26 · (Edited)
My airbag light is still blinking, and my steering wheel controls don't work at this point only because the harness from the buttons on my steering wheel were cut. I think I have other wiring/ sensor issues going on other than just my clock spring. I believe this will more than likely resolve your issue. It's a very easy install.

#28 · (Edited)