Nissan Titan Forum banner

need help w/ 8 year/80k mile manifold warranty

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lbz 
#1 ·
Hey guys I need some help figuring out the final date my truck will still be eligible for the 8 year/80k mile warranty on the exhaust manifolds. I'm pretty sure I have a cracked manifold but I've been putting off having the work done because everyone at the local dealership is an idiot and I don't trust them. Whats the best way to figure out how long it is good for? The production date on my truck is 08/06, so should I be good until August of 2014? I only have 40k miles on my truck so I will run out of years long before I reach 80k miles.

Also, does anyone know of a good dealership anywhere near Bakersfield, CA. I'm willing to travel a few hours to find a dealership that does good work and won't give me the run-around on warranty work. A dealership in the Corvallis, OR area will also work since I will be in that area starting at the end of September.

#2 ·
Unless I'm wrong all warranties start from the original purchase date not the build date.

Reactions: ketel27
#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys. But is it the build date or sale date? The sale date makes more sense to me since I can't imagine someone being happy losing a year of warranty on a truck they buy new but has been on the lot for a while. The truck is actually an 07 but the production date is 06. Can I figure out the date of sale by contacting a dealer with a VIN?

Does anyone have any info on dealerships they'd recommend near Bakersfield or in northern Oregon?

#5 ·
It starts from the sales date of the first owner. My 05 is covered till 12-3-13.

#6 ·
Yeah the dealer would be able to tell you sale date from the vin .

#7 ·
You sound a lot like me. I never had good experiences by going to the dealer. Even the front end alignment I had done got screwed up (steering wheel got crooked) after about a year and a half for no good reason. Alignments are only good for a year at the stealer if you go there to get one done. In your case, I'm fearing that they will play blind, deaf and dumb until the warranty runs out.

The only way to be sure is to pay for their rip off diagnostic. If you do that, they'll be more motivated to look for things wrong and if the manifold/s are cracked, they'll probably tell you. Or, perhaps maybe you can have an independent mechanic look at it or something. The way the stealers have it rigged puts the consumer at a disadvantage with these stupid warranties.

You don't want to get stuck in a situation where one is cracked and they replace that and then the other one cracks after the warranty is up. I'd go with headers/Uprev when the time comes and eliminate the problem once and for all. Plus, you'll get a nice performance increase as well.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks for the suggestion walrus, that could be a good option if I can find the time to get down there.

Mike-I definitely know what you're saying. I'm almost positive I'm going to go down there and pay the $150 just to have them say they didn't find anything and pocket an easy $150. I have seriously never been down there without them doing/saying something to prove to me how clueless they are. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much, but its sad when I'm having to explain what a part is to a guy at the dealership. Last time I was there they tried telling me my entire IPDM needs to be replaced just because I'm having a problem with my right rear turn signal. They had no clue what I was talking about when I brought up the BCM too.

#11 ·
Catback does not effect stock cat or manifold failure

#13 ·
That's a hard fight. If the b pipes were not tampered with, a cracked manifold would not be caused by a cat back

#14 ·
it's starts from the inservice date and Nissan is absolute about that warranty so don't procrastinate. And Miketan, alignments are considered a wear item which are only covered 12/12000from inservice

#15 ·
Digging this old one up as I have a question.
Does anyone know if the warranty is transferable or only good for the original owner?
I just bought my '09 and when I first start it and when I start to accelerate when it is cold if sounds like it has an exhaust leak on the DS around the manifold area. It goes away after driving a couple blocks. Not sure if it is gasket or a crack but it would be nice to know if it is covered by warranty. It has just under 60 000 miles on it.

#16 · (Edited)
The 8yr 80k is a federal warning. There is nothing go transfer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.