Nissan Titan Forum banner

- 40 in Rigid LED Light Bar Behind The Grille

19K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  mr407432 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have had this 40 Led Light bar for a while now and i really did not want to mount it on my bumper so some young kid could just rip it off, so i decided to figure out how i could mount it behind my grille. This is what i came up with. Not 100% done yet but i really like how it turned out.

I also acquired 4 Rigid Dually's that I am in the process of mounting also. Two of them replaced my HID fog lights and I think the other two lights will go on my bed rails by the cab to shine for work/ reverse lights in the desert or in dark areas.

Night time pictures to follow!!

NEW FINISHED IMAGES

See less See more
#2 ·
I like it. I think itwould look a bit better if you maybe got a one piece grille and cut out an entire rectangle instead of having the middle part still behind the grille. Still looks good though.

#5 ·
Looks great man nicely done. Like ERMAHGOD said a one piece grill with the mesh trimmed out where the bar is would be SO CLEAN!

Reactions: Peter aurora
#7 ·
#8 ·
#11 ·
Yes it's hitting all the supports for the radiator. It won't go any further back without cutting into the light bar or the supports.

I though about cutting the verticals out but this thing is so bright I don't think I will ever outrun this light.

#12 ·
looks great!!!

#18 ·
Sweet a lot like mine. I wired them to the cargo light so I could have them on a switch without having to run all the wires. Its also nice when you park at night as they light up around the truck until you lock it. Mine are vision-x lights if anyone is wondering.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

#23 ·
That looks really nice! Im debating doing the samething. Can you post a pic a front pic of your titan from further away please?

#26 ·
Man this is sweet!!! They say imitation is a form of flattery....I want to do something similar if not the same, light bar behind the grill and and tow hitch reverse lights. I pull/back a boat and that would be awesome for backing down the ramp at night!! Great work!!

#30 ·
How did you mount the dually's in the fog light hole? I've been looking into doing that for a while but can't figure out how they are mounted.

The light bar looks good behind the grille. I'm gonna have to think of a way to convince the wife that I need another bar up front.

#32 ·
So you didn't have to run wires to the battery for power?

Would it be the positive (+) to the trailer plug and negative (-) to a ground?

#33 ·
So I have had this 40 Led Light bar for a while now and i really did not want to mount it on my bumper so some young kid could just rip it off, so i decided to figure out how i could mount it behind my grille. This is what i came up with. Not 100% done yet but i really like how it turned out.

I also acquired 4 Rigid Dually's that I am in the process of mounting also. Two of them replaced my HID fog lights and I think the other two lights will go on my bed rails by the cab to shine for work/ reverse lights in the desert or in dark areas.

Night time pictures to follow!!

NEW FINISHED IMAGES

yeggsfab,

Great job on this. You've inspired me to do this on my armada.

Can you provide some additional details on the install like what type of grill, what you needed to remove, the type of brackets, etc?

I would like to keep my OEM grill if possible but the sides are blocked (not sure if I can cut those away).

Also, at what wattage do I start to worry about my alternator keeping up? I've got long range KC slim lights in my bull bar (130w x 2) that I will be keeping.

I can't swing the rigid bar but saw some well reviewed bars on amazon that I will try.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.