Nissan Titan Forum banner

Help! Suspension Nightmare!

880 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ArkansasBoy 
#1 ·
I bought my Titan SE "street edition" brand new in 2007. The dealership dropped it (2-5 drop I believe) and put 24" Icemetal rims on it with chrome everything. Anyways, I had new shocks installed back in 2011 but I'm not sure exactly what kind they installed. Mistake...I know. Anyways, the thing still rides like a tractor. Obviously it never hits mud and rarely even dirt. I'm looking to upgrade the suspension but this time I'll be sure to know exactly what I'M buying. What are your suggestions/recommendations?

Oh and I'm a full time student so money is a limiting factor. Under $300 would be nice but $200 or less is preferred. Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

#2 ·
I believe street edition is not not what SE stands for. But never thought of that lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: jbowles
#4 ·
New struts would help. Also overload leaf removal. Low pros are not helping for sure

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys. Seems like those 4600's are fairly popular in the Titan world so I think i'll do some research on them.

Also, I guess my original post wasn't very clear; the SE doesn't stand for street edition, the dealership was calling that particular truck (mine) their Street Edition because they dropped it, put 24" rims, chrome bumpers and mirror covers, tonneau cover, etc. In addition, I know the low pro's are the main cause for the bumpy ride but when it's dropped that low with 24's regular profile tires (40-50) aren't really an option...and I love the way it looks and handles like is. So I was just looking for a relatively cheap remedy to compensate for the low pros. Anyways, thanks again.

#7 ·
Mine was dropped 2/6 and rode great (aside from the occasional rear end bottoming out).

You need to cut your bump stop bracket off the frame on the front and cut your rear bump stops in half (if your axle is mounted under your leaf springs).

This will give the truck a lot more suspension travel so it doesnt bottom out over everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.