Nissan Titan Forum banner

Where is the the Engine Oil Drain Plug?

23K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  FletcherStrong#1 
#1 ·
Where is my OIL Drain PLug on my titan, What does the oil pan look like is it green.

#2 ·
Dude, I just read all your post, and I must say your probably all of 14 years old. Are you through with your home work, remember school day tomorrow!

#3 ·
oil pan drain location

oil pan is easy to find...if you crawl under from the front it's about 4 feet back...it's black with a drain nut facing the rear...sometimes the plug has yellow paint on it but not always...it's the only pan with a single drain nut under the truck...good luck!

#4 · (Edited)
fgb said:
oil pan is easy to find...if you crawl under from the front it's about 4 feet back...it's black with a drain nut facing the rear...sometimes the plug has yellow paint on it but not always...it's the only pan with a single drain nut under the truck...good luck!

Thanks for being nice to the guy but.............He's pulling your chain man! If someone has to ask where the plug is, he don't need to know, think about it . :smoke:

#5 ·
There is a photo of the location in the owners manual. The pan in this truck is like no other I've seen. It's a very small seperate item from the bottom of the motor.

Clint

#6 ·
isnt that where i put the gas into?

#11 ·
Well, if you're being serious which I don't know and hope I don't offend you but, if you look under the truck or at least on my truck it's pretty simple to find. The oil pan looks kind of small but, just right behind the front skid plate you'll see the bolt pointing toward you. It's a 14mm bolt and it doesn't take much to loosen it. I like how Nissan simplified the oil change on these trucks.

#12 ·
I agree with you...I was impressed with the little "slide" they have for the oil that leaks out of the filter area so that you don't make a mess everywhere. It's the little things that Nissan has thought about that I appreciate...any hey, every one back off the young guy...even I had to spend a few extra seconds looking for the drain plug!

#14 ·
At least no one said "Underneath the Truck." :jester:

I like the access panel in the skid plate for the oil filter.

#15 ·
Yeah I like the thing about the oil filter too. Ever try changing the oil filter on 00-04 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7L V8? A pain in the rear if you ask me.

#17 ·
Actually, the oil pan on these trucks do look pretty weird. It's nothing like the Chevy smallblock oil pans I'm used to dealing with. Even the one on my old Toyota 22r was kind of "normal" looking.:p

Oh well...the marvels of modern technology.

#19 ·
Squid said:
I'm one, who's two?

Oh yeah, I now remember the question. Crawl under the passenger side of the truck, behind the front tire. Look up and you will see the drain plug on that side of the pan. :cheers:
Well Squid, I have to come to your rescue!!! You are not a wise***!!! :jester:

#22 ·
I bet that I even knew what a drain plug was, just surprised the heck out of some of you.

Hey Best, did mercedes not have a drain plug? Or did this have more to do with dignity?(Can't have a mercedes owner crawling around on the ground like some low life ******* truck owner.) :jester:

#23 ·
It took me awhile to find the oil filter. Why would they hide it. The least they could have done was make the bolts that hold the skid plate on the same size as the drain plug, or is that too simple? And how do they fit 6 quarts of oil in that pan?

#24 ·
electricjohn said:
It took me awhile to find the oil filter. Why would they hide it. The least they could have done was make the bolts that hold the skid plate on the same size as the drain plug, or is that too simple? And how do they fit 6 quarts of oil in that pan?

The bottom of the casting on most engine blocks stop at the centerline of the crank main bearings, so a oil pan the size of the bottom of the block is needed. That pan must extend down far enough to clear the crank, then drop down more for the sump. Pushrod engines usually have the oil pump in this sump.
The block casting on the Nissan 5.6 has much deeper "skirts". These skirts extend down past the centerline of the crank, giving much more strength, and allowing the main caps to be cross bolted. This makes the lower end much stronger. The black sheet metal pan is just a sump, for the oil pickup. No more oil pan is needed since the crank assembly is enclosed by the skirts on the block.

#25 ·
The guy claims to have a race car in his profile..again claims is the key word, if he has a race car he wouldn't have to ask where the plug is would he? He would have some mechanical abilty, at least enough to know where the plug is! Really if a person has to ask that.. he is better off going to Jiffy lube or down to Ed and Jess's filling station, cafe, and we fix flats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.