Nissan Titan Forum banner

N-Fab universal tire carrier

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  goodkill365 
#1 · (Edited)
So I ordered from N-Fab what I thought would be their utili trac mounted tire carrier but after seeing what arrived and then talking to them, it appears their web pic is for a Tacoma, not a Titan and what I got is what they call a "universal" tire mount. Problem is, the back mounts sit in the utili trac and the holes don't even match up with the tracks hahah Universal!. Anyway, instead of trying to return it and deal with the drama, I used the bed cleats to clamp it down and with the ratchet strap I ordered and two small holes drilled into the bed, I'm very happy with the end result. The basic idea, I wanted something I can remove quickly when I need to use the truck bed.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Lookin good. If you really wanted to you could probably modify it & use some spring nuts rather than the tie downs.

Home Depot sells spring nuts in the electrical conduit section. It's "superstrut" & "unistrut" brand. The nuts fit perfect in our trac. Various sizes.

Reactions: agnostic x
#4 ·
I like that a lot. If I didn't already feel like there was no room in the bed of my truck, I'd probably get something like that. I'd also need a full size spare which I keep forgetting to get.

#5 ·
I took your tip and went to Bumper Superstore, by far the cheapest place. The 3 way strap I got from:

SDHQ 3-Way Adjustable Spare Tire Strap

As for the spare, you need to get into a small fender bender hahaha. The guy that hit me, due to texting, had to pay for a new wheel as my shady body shop felt the small scratch made the wheel a total lol. I really like the way it turned out and like the fact that it's easily removable. I want to go for the chase truck look but still need access to the bed for moving stuff and our bike.

#7 ·
Thanks! My neighbors were helping with the install, (turns out into several dudes drinking by the truck as I work haha) and he kept adjusting the 3-way strap so I couldn't see the logo!!! I paid almost $70 for that and I want to see it, lol.

Anyway, I know your jealous now so if you want to drop the 6.2L off, I could swap trucks with you...:devil::devil::devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.