Nissan Titan Forum banner

Problem With Drivers Window?

415 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  born01930 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!
When I close the window it go's up and closes then comes back down 6" and stops? This just started out of the blue. To keep the window closed I need to hold the power up button when it closes for a couple of seconds for it to stay closed.

I think it must have to do with the safety feature if there was an obstruction it would hit and reverse the window. Not sure if this is a code issue or a sensor issue. Take to the dealer for repair?

Thanks for any comments or input.

Regards, Dodger.

#2 ·
Mine started doing that a few months ago...rather than being proactive I just kept holding the switch. Last week mine gave up the ghost and stuck in the down position. I went home and took everything apart. The motor brushes were worn to nubs and commutator choked with carbon. I cleaned up the motor and reinstalled, got it to work while I await new brushes ($5). It is not a hard job...do it yourself...there are a couple youtube videos that show you how.
Question, you're in Alberta...why would you roll down a window up there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.