Nissan Titan Forum banner

Question for the catless...Does your exhaust stink?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TA CC TX 
#1 ·
In my experience from turbo rotary motors to all motor ls1s, to inline 6 M3 motors. Once you remove the cats the performance/power increase is always accompanied by a stinky exhaust. Obviously I won't be sniffing my tailpipe or hanging out behind my truck while soaking up the fumes. But in some of my previous cars the smell was so strong you couldn't go 5 miles to the store without smelling like you took a bath in exhaust fumes.

I've been searching but haven't seen any real complaints with the titans. I'm going to be purchasing some headers and B pipes in the very near future and I'm trying to decide if I should get the catted or resonated b pipes. Currently the truck is stock with a Borla muffler. I'm not really looking for anymore noise/volume but rather this is preventative maintenance for the headers however, the performance increase is also welcome of course.::angel::

Anyone have any feedback?

#2 ·
Yes any truck with the cats removed will have the raw exhaust smell. My 05 smells like a 72 Chevy just runs a lot better. The cats I use flow very well and there is not a lot of power loss at all with them. I never have dyno tested but I would say no more than 5hp or so between catted and catless.

#6 ·
Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129 has all the pricing and my cell number for ordering. I do not have a purchase off the website link as I want to talk to you before you purchase. This way I make sure your getting what you need the first time. Give me a call....

#4 ·
I have run catted, catless and the reso Cajun B-pipes all are bad a$$! right now I have the catted on with the borla and a reso by the spare. T is not that loud till I get on it!!!! Grand kids always say "Go Fast Grandpa!"

#7 ·
Aah... I love the smell of no cats in the morning!

Any interest in selling your Reso B-Pipes? :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Let me re-phrase that...5hp difference in the high flow cats Cajun uses over going cat-less. Cajun uses 200cell metallic substrate cats and stock is 600 cell count, quite a big difference there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.