Nissan Titan Forum banner

light bars ???

11K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  pnw_titan 
#1 ·
ok so I finally saw a light bar in person and I hafta have one now... so thinking about starting with a 20in in the lower grill.. then a 50 curve on the roof later... on ebay I found the 20in for $89 cree and a 50in curve epistar $189...... anyone have any of these.. and how was the install with the one in the lower grill think I have the roof one figured out... and could I use the 20in one for a fog light with out getting pulled over if I have aimed low.....any feed back would be great

#2 ·
I have the Ebay cree in my lower grill, if it has the mounts that slide the length of the bar, your good to go, it is a very simple install.

#5 ·
I got mine for $95, I don't use it on the road, unless I can't see headlights coming or any cars nearby. It's bright....

#6 ·
I put a 22" in the lower grille and did NOT use one with the adjustable mounts. There's a pretty stout piece of metal that runs from left to right on the lower part of the opening, that I mounted to. Install was simple, except for removing the portion of the grille that impedes installation.

As far as using on the road, they are super bright, and will certainly affect other drivers. Just be smart with it and you'll be fine.

By the way, mine is a spot/flood combo, CREE, 22" and is perfect for all conditions I have experienced.

#8 ·
If you don't care about the lower grille, you can mount a 20" and 2 3" pods down there. Get excited with a dremel or take the whole lower grille out and mount em up. Light bar on the bottom and two pods on the lower grille mounting holes up top. I will post a picture of it later for you. It works great with no stability issues.

#20 ·
Re: light bars ??? covers?

Does anyone have ideas for the lower light bar protection from the rocks/road? I have a 20 inch promax and its been cracked recently by rocks from other cars... Any covers available? Ive only seen the covers on the small units and nothing for the promax (that doesn't fit the others)

#21 ·
Re: light bars ??? covers?

Does anyone have ideas for the lower light bar protection from the rocks/road? I have a 20 inch promax and its been cracked recently by rocks from other cars... Any covers available? Ive only seen the covers on the small units and nothing for the promax (that doesn't fit the others)
I don't know of anyone that makes covers. I have a 20" in my lower grill and have had no issues with rocks cracking it.

#25 ·
I cut the plastic pieces out of the middle so my 20 sat right in the middle.

#31 ·
I'll try and take pictures later on how I wired it. And yes all my light bars are from eBay all cree. I don't want to spend to much on lights because they might get stolen. ??

#33 · (Edited)
To start the wiring, I pulled the center bezel off, it comes out pretty easy. Use a small screwdriver and something to protect the bezel, it scratches if you breath on it. Once you get the top corner seperated, work your way across the top, once the top pulls out, just work your way down. You can move the shift lever back if you need some more room to work, put your park brake on, turn the key to unlock and the shifter will move back.

You can also disconnect the wires from the back of the bezel and move it completely out of the way. The existing switch blanks push out from the front, I also moved my existing switches around according to how much I use them. The blanks on the left side of the steering wheel can also be used, that panel requires you to remove 2 screws and then it pulls straight back.

After I moved my existing switches around I put the add a fuse into the fuse box on the passenger side below the glove box, I used fuses marked with ACC so they will be on when the key is turned one click. As you can see I already have an add a circuit fuse holder in there for my front LED bar.

Next ran wire from the add a fuse into the back of the bezel just below the glovebox there is a nice little shelf to put the wire. I am running 5 pin rocker switches, 2 pins (+ and -) are for the illumination (part of the switch will be illuminated when the accessory lights are on inside the cab), I tapped these into the illumination wire in the wiring harness behind the switches. The illumination wire is a red wire with blue stripe.

The other 3 posts are for -, + in, + out, (the other portion of the switch will be illuminated when it is in use).

I connected the end the wire from the add a circuit to the switch, wired a ground and sent the positive wire from the switch out the drivers side of the bezel to the hood release cable.

These are the switches I used.

I zip tied the wire to the cable and used the 3ft section of baling wire to punch a hole in the hood release wire grommet on the firewall to get the wire into the engine bay. (Same as my front LED bar hot wire).

Once you get the wire into the engine bay, some suggest running it to a relay and then to the light bar, I just ran it straight to the light bar, working the wire to the front along the fender on the drivers side and then down through the grill and to the light bar.

#34 ·
Where did you get your switches ?

#35 ·
My Lightbar is a Ebay Cree with adjustable mounts that slide the lenght of the bar. THere are 3 clips that hold in the lower plastic grill. You can pop the outer clip out on eithr side and keep the grill in. Use the 2 holes that are now empty to mount the bar in there.

#36 ·
Switches are off ebay, 20 amp rocker switches, fit perfect when you remove the OEM blanks.

#37 ·
Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.