Will A Child Seat Fit In A King Cab - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Will A Child Seat Fit In A King Cab

I Found A Used 04 King Cab Le. I Have A 2 Yr Old In A Car Seat And A 7 Yr Old Who Will Both Be Riding In The Back. Anybody Else Have Carseats In The Back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomfeeder
I Found A Used 04 King Cab Le. I Have A 2 Yr Old In A Car Seat And A 7 Yr Old Who Will Both Be Riding In The Back. Anybody Else Have Carseats In The Back?
To answer your original question........yes a child seat will fit in a K/C.

"It is not through knowledge, but through experience of the world that we are brought into relation with it."
__Albert Schweitzer

2011 Toyota Tacoma, Super white, access cab, TRD off road pkg., TRD performance exhaust. 20+MPG.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Timba24
a child seat fits but my 3yr nephew doesnt have much leg room back there
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:24 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
If you go on the nissan website, there is a list of car seats that will fit on the back of the titan.

Here's a link

http://www.nissanusa.com/form/0,,act...chPubs,00.html

I have a booster seat in the middle back of mine - the leg room of a king cab is actually comparable to the leg room of an 05 Tacoma Double Cab (according to Edmunds). I had really struggled with the trade off between a king cab or a crew cab with the leg space vs. bed length. I went King Cab but am having my doubts as the Crew Cab leg length is over 7" greater (33" vs. over 40"). I could always add more bed length (i.e. bed extender or hitch hand) but can not add more leg space.

My 3 year old is ok in his booster seat in the middle back, but I'm sure it will be too tight by the time he is 4. At that point he'll have to sit on the pasenger side back, which will have more leg room (I have a bench seat - but the center front section of the bench seat actually doesn't slide - the bench is 3 pieces) as the pasenger seat can slide forward.

Even though I still struggle with the King Cab vs. Crew Cab decision (I just bought it 2 months ago), I am still happy with it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to FluxCubby
Guys, I'm confused. I can get in the back of my King Cab, and while I wouldn't want to ride 6 hours back there like that--short road trips would be fine. How in the world could a three year old be short on legroom???? Is he still in the booster seat and does that scrunch up the little guy?

2004 King Cab LE
4x2
Big Tow
35% Tint
FramBoost CAI

AIRBORNE, ALL THE WAY!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:06 PM

This is waht I have in my KC. It work great beacause he can see the road with this seat and also you have two locations for the anchors.
http://www.proamtdw.com/page11e.htm
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCubby
Guys, I'm confused. I can get in the back of my King Cab, and while I wouldn't want to ride 6 hours back there like that--short road trips would be fine. How in the world could a three year old be short on legroom???? Is he still in the booster seat and does that scrunch up the little guy?
lol.. no kidding. My 6-year-old is incredibly tall for his age and rides in my KC Titan no problem. Our other son rides in a booster seat and fits just fine. Until my kids are much bigger, I couldn't justify losing the bed length to gain unused leg room for them.

Come to think of it, I'm 6' 4" and I've actually ridden in the back of my brother's KC Titan for an hour road trip to go ATV riding. (Sitting behind my two brothers; 6' 4" and 6' 8"... plus a bunch of gear piled into the other side of the rear seat.)

To me, dealing with the suicide doors is more of a (minor) annoyance than is the lost cab space (relative to a CC).
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to FluxCubby
Speaking of all this booster seat talk...did you guys put any seat protectors down to keep your seat from getting permanant denting from the childseat? Are they safe? I'm just curious since my wife and I will be having our first child in Sept. Thanks.

2004 King Cab LE
4x2
Big Tow
35% Tint
FramBoost CAI

AIRBORNE, ALL THE WAY!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:46 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I have a booster seat in the middle for my nearly 5 year old daughter and a forward facing car seat for my 1 year old daughter. They fit great and I haven't had one instant of regret for getting a KC.

Bryan
In memory of Chris- CaliforniaTitan

2004 Nissan Titan SE Kingcab
280 rwhp/ 333 max torque

Born on 03/31/2004--Came Home on 04/15/2004
Red Brawn--Graphite/Titanium
Big Tow, Utili-Trac Package, Rockford Fosgate w/ Power Captains Chairs, Rockford Fosgate Punch P550.2 Amp, 2-Rockford Fosgate Punch P110S4 10" Subs,
Tech12Volt Enclosure, TechTubes Polished SS Step Rails, OEM Fog Lights, OEM Bug Deflector, ARE LSII Hard Tonneau Cover, Black Stubby Antenna, Volant CAI,
AutoExtreme Throttle Body Spacer, Flo-Pro Dual Exhaust, Polished Aluminum Billet Grille, ChromeTailgate Accent, 18"X8.5" MB Offroad Gunner 6's,
265/70/18 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's, Garmin nuvi 255W GPS, PRG Mini-Lift W/ 2½" Front Lift/ 1½" Rear Blocks, Bilsteins Front & Rear,
LED's Front, Eagle Eyes LED Tails, JDM 6000K HID Lows & Fogs, SilverStar Halogen High-beams, LED Third Brake Light, Red Billet Aluminum Oil Cap,
Red Active Tuning Grounding Kit, Body Colored Front Spoiler, 2 Degree Timing Advance , Clifford Matrix 50.5X Security/ Remote Start
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Speaking of all this booster seat talk...did you guys put any seat protectors down to keep your seat from getting permanant denting from the childseat? Are they safe? I'm just curious since my wife and I will be having our first child in Sept. Thanks.
If you get a new vehicle that has the LATCH system on the bottom and the top of the seat, you should definitely make sure that your infant/child seat also has this feature. Basically you bypass the seatbelts and use these straps equipped with special clips that clip into existing hooks that can be found behind the seat as well as on top. This system eliminates fussing with seatbelts--which never seem to be tight enough anyway.

The problem is that your seats--as you've pointed out--become indented with a fingerprint of the bottom of your infant/child seats.

Here's what I did: I went to a foam shop and bought some 1"-2" foam to put under my son's child seat. This solved the indentation issue but did little to resist the liquids and food that typically eminate from children's seating areas. You can then get some kind of fabric to put on top of the foam to make sure it doesn't sponge up debris.

It works; but I'm still looking for a better solution. No matter what it looks like, the important thing is to keep your kids as safe as possible.

Good luck!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Child seat

Not that this helps, but I have a Crew Cab with 3 car seats in the back.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BNSFMike Send a message via Yahoo to BNSFMike
Hey I can chime in on this! My grilfriends 19 mo/ old baby gets put in the back of my new KingCab Titan. I have the bench seat (for obvious reasons?) - and while I HAVE put her behind the center, her feet barely tap the console when its down. I tend to have her set behind the passenger seat, the seat ofcourse pushed slightly forward and layed back at the first position (not leaned back at all) while my girlfriend is sittin in the middle next to me. Ofcourse when I lay back the seat (and shut the door) I make sure her fingers and toes dont get squished... She's quite fine where shes at tho.

Anyways - Maybe when she's older it MAY be a problem, i'm not sure. Right now her legs kinda stick straight out, instead of down, from the chair. But theres still clearance.

My suggestion - Worry mroe about the spilled cheere-o's and crackers that she's munchin on than anything else!

~ Mike
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
I Found A Used 04 King Cab Le.
It is a BUYERS MARKET...do NOT buy anything USED! The prices are too good on NEW stuff! Shop around brother!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
I Have A 2 Yr Old In A Car Seat And A 7 Yr Old Who Will Both Be Riding In The Back. Anybody Else Have Carseats In The Back?
Oh and to answer your question...how many cars did you ride in as a kid where your legs were cramped? You need a Crew Cab and should settle for nothing less if buying with a family in mind.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:09 AM

Car seats tend to position the child much farther forward, and upward then a larger person sitting on the seat. I have a three year old nefuew, and set of twin 6 month old niece/nefuew. There is plenty of room for the large car seat of my three year old in my CC Titan. He can barely touch the back of the seat if he stretches out and tries to. I think it would be a bit of a tight squeeze for a KC.

My brother with the twins has a Quad Cab Ram, which is pretty close to a KC Titan room wise. The two rear facing infant seats are a squeeze on the back side seats (I think the cushion was too short in the middle on the Ram.) My brother is 6', and had to move his seat forward and more upright then he normally prefers.

Jason K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top