Nissan Titan Forum banner

Anyone using a light bar for reverse Lights?

15K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  blueskys 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a LED light bar for strickly reverse lights on my T. I have longish driveway that I need to back out of often at night and I'm tired of not being able to see well. I've tried LED bulbs in the tails before on other trucks and it's not enough. I don't really like the light bars that go under the tailgate with turn signals and all that. I'm wondering if anyone has installed a short bar in the back for use with reverse lights only?
Suggestions are welcome.

#5 ·
Those look great but I don't want to cut my bumper, plus they are on the high side of what I'm willing to pay for better visibility backing up for 10 seconds. Maybe they have something cheaper that will mount differently. I'll take a look at the site. thank you.

#7 ·
I agree, but in CA, you can get a ticket for not having covers on your off road lights and I assume the laws will catch up to include light bars. I guess the cops assume that in a road rage incident, you could use them to blind tail gaters on the road. Just my 2 cents.

#8 ·
I have 5 three watt LED's that I mounted in the bed panel that shine below the tailgate when closed. I will take a pic and post later today. Took about an hour and got the lights on AMAZON (gotta love PRIME) < $10 for 6 of them.

On my Cocoarado (not Silver) I have a full length LED bar that does include white BU lights and with super bright LEDS in the rear lights things up pretty good too. Did not do that on the T because of the spare tire access port.

#12 ·
I have dual 10" Rigid Industries LED light bars (hybrid) mounted under my bumper. No cutting or drilling was required.

#13 ·
I went the route of least wallet resistance for this solution, $8 harbor freight 4" work lights on a relay.. and everything s illegal in CA.. CO isn't far behind

#16 ·
This looks really good. I also like the two lights on the post above. I think this is the way I'm leaning. Now for the question. Who makes a middle of the road LED light that will be good but not super expensive for this type of application. Links are apprecitated if you have them.
Thanks for all the replys.

#18 ·
There are so many Rigid knock-offs that you can find them all over the place. I have two 6" Rigid Industries LED light bars (spot) on my Polaris Ranger facing forward. I want something for the rear and it will probably be a 10" double row hybrid from one of the knock-off vendors.

#23 ·
Olympus Off Road is going to have some decent quality flush mount LED pods at 1500 lumens a piece for $50 a pair next week. So they tell me that is.

#27 ·
FU lights... Just hide a cut down 12 gauge in the rear bedside ported through a backup sensor with a slow rotary motor as the trigger actuator to a switch in the cab and run an airsoft ammo load. No one will get hurt and it won't even chip the paint...but I promise they'll back the **** off.

This falls firmly under the category of stuff I've mocked up but am too whipped to implement.... but man.... wouldn't it kick *** to have...

#34 · (Edited)
here is a link to the lights I'm using.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...2/ref=pe_386430_121528420_TE_dp_1&h=fAQEVyZm_

I'm not totally sure how I will go in the long run. But - for now I've got the ground wires going to the bolts that are attaching the mounting brackets to the bumper. (I switched the bolts that come with the lights to stainless steel)
The positive wire is tied into the cargo light wire just outside of the passenger side light housing at the back. I figure that way I have more control as when they come on.
I might switch it over to the reverse light wire, if the cargo switch thing becomes a pain.

#35 ·
Why doesn't someone fabricate a LED light that does 2 things? One that serves as a License plate light and a Aux backup light. Some thing that would snap in place where the original license plate lights currently go. That way there would no need to drill another opening in the bumper. And the light would not be under the bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.