Nissan Titan Forum banner

My 10 Pro4x is actually an LE?

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  MSrockyblue 
#1 ·
All this time, I thought this truck was a pro 4. While it was in the shop for the engine replacement, I ordered all new suspension parts for the front end. I ordered them through newautoparts.com. I get a call and they say the springs arent' the right part number, for the vin I gave them. A double check of the vin comes back that it is an LE. Carfax says the same. So, now, I'm confused. The truck has everything the pro4x should have; locking diff, offroad skid plate, seats, had stock Ranchos, etc. How do I know what spring I need to install? I want the same setup I had, pre pothole damage. Should I just order the 54010-ZR41A? The one they said it was supposed to have was 54010-7S300. Anyone else run into this situation?

#2 ·
Mine is an LE and it too has the off-road skid plated. Not sure about the rear end. Why did you think it was a pro 4? Other than the rear and skid plates? Maybe just call nissan. Explain the situation. I'm sure they'll be able to help

#3 · (Edited)
Locking differential, pro4x seats, floor mats, decals, color matched bumpers, stock 275/70-18 BFG's, rancho shocks, full skid plate, white face gauges, I may be forgetting some. Seems odd, to have an LE vin number. I think most Titans have a skid plate, but the pro4x skid plate comes up, in front of the bumper. The other one is a lot thinner and tucks in, behind the bumper.

#7 ·
I can't remember how they trimmed them after going to the 08+ trucks but my year (07) you could get the Offroad package (predecessor to the pro 4x) in a SE or LE configuration.

#8 ·
pro4x is a different trim level all together. mines a pro4x buts its basically an LE cause it has every single option you can get.

his truck also has the black fender trim...which 99% of the time means its a pro4x.

#10 ·
Yeah....it is nissan and it is the titan. we all know they don't give a sh1t about the current titan. lol in terms of quality control...

#12 ·
I guess I'll order 54010-ZR41A springs. What do I list it as, if I go to sell it, though? Lol

#13 ·
There shouldn't be any difference in springs tho. At all. At least not fitment wise.

#14 ·
Yeah, I just didn't want to lose any height from what I had, before. I bought these other springs because they told me that's what the vin called for, but that's not taking into account that the truck is a Frankenstein. Hopefully they will swap them, even though they don't have to, based on them sending the "right" parts.

#17 ·
It's ok. Per DMV and my insurance company, my SE is an XE per the VIN.

You have a Pro4X if it has all the trimmings. Honestly there isn't much difference mechanically other than the elocker. The rest is just a skid plate, tires and rims and decoration. Was why in 2005 I went with my SE without the OR package. Didn't see the point in all the extra money for an elocker that only worked in 4wd low. Plus the Ranchos weren't a big had to have either.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.