Nissan Titan Forum banner

Fuel Pump Install HELP!

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Rage232 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Found a write up on here to replace the fuel pump. I'm about %45 of the way through. I have the tank out and sitting in my garage. I have the fuel pump assembly out of the tank. However, I cannot get the fuel pump out of the white assembly. I have grabbed it with pliers and twisted and pulled. I can't understand why it won't just pull right out...
Here's where it sits:

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks for all the replies on this... I ordered the whole assembly from the car parts link above and will return the other pump. I couldn't find a snap ring and I broke the plastic plug on the old one trying to pull it out... So I gave up and ordered the correct one.. Thanks again for the help!! :)

#12 ·
Wow... I have the pump out, but file this and shim that!? Yikes... I'm not that comfortable doing that... Plus getting that assembly apart was a PITA!! I'll prolly wait for the whole assembly to come in and just replace it.. I would recommend anyone else replacing just do the same and save yourself a lot of aggravation!!

#15 ·
No it's not!!! A fuel pump is a fuel pump!! The assembly has A fuel pressure regulator, the float assembly amungst other pieces that ARE NOT THE FUEL PUMP.

What turbo charged and supercharged users need is a pump that can deliver more volume - u can't buy this as a whole assembly like this as far as i know...

So yes just the pump can be replaced. Is it the easy, no... But can be done and might be the only solution for some high HP and forced induction guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.