Nissan Titan Forum banner

Low profile tires on truck?

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Titan28 
#1 ·
Hi,

What is the point of having lowprofile tires on a truck? It is pretty common.
I get it on a race car or an autobahn cruiser.

But isn't it ONLY bad on a truck?

See less See more
#2 ·
Same reason a lot of street queen truck have lifts. People like the way they look. Personally not a fan but who cares. If it's something YOU want then no one should stop you from getting what you want just because they dont like it.

Reactions: honda250xtitan
#3 ·
started a thread just to bash a style thats not his. nice.

#4 · (Edited)
If I had a second Titan I could use just as an everyday driver, I'd lower it. They're sleds...and can fit under standard garages...

I'd keep my current setup for foul weather, camping, off-roading, offroad camping & such.

#6 ·
It would never work for me, but I do think it looks nice. I'd bet it's pretty easy to damage the rim if you hit a curb a little too hard tho. The ride might be a little rougher with those tires? IDK. I cant think of one other thing about it that would be bad for the truck.

#7 ·
I discovered that moving to a little bit lower profile AT type tire - 285 65 18 - made my titan ride and handle more responsive - while keeping the same ride hieght and speedometer accuracy. Never tried anything lower.

#8 ·
If you go with the extremely low profile tires with big rims it'll make it ride like a block wheel wagon. My buddy is into big rims and the skinny, as I call em rubber band tires. Rides rough and you have to watch for pot holes, bumps, anything rough and slow down or run the risk of busting the rim. The back roads we road on to go fishing on he couldn't go over 35 or he'd bust his rims. Me with my stock size rims an all have no worries. So it's up to you. If truck is gonna be a street queen and see nothing rough and all it would be ok. Personally I'm not into big rims. The biggest I'd ever go is a 20 inch. And that's it. My buddy had 24s and 26s on an f150.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.