Nissan Titan Forum banner

Any disadvantages of 3" body lift?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  all4sho66 
#1 ·
Im tossing around the idea of doing a 3" body lift ontop of my Pro comp 6" so that i can fit 37's. What are some disadvtanges of the body lift? I know im losing my tow hooks and i'll have a gap at the hitch

#2 ·
I have heard of 0 complaints from people that have it, but you are gunna hear people that totally frown upon it.

#3 ·
From a looks standpoint, I'm not a fan. But its not my truck.

Now, functionally, you'll increase the angles in your steering shaft from the column to the steering rack. And you will create the potential for some weakness in the bed floor, though it should be fine unless you're using the truck to haul big loads of rock, brick, or other dense and heavy stuff. Beyond that, some of your wiring and your trans shift linkage may not fare well. Just be sure you understand what you're trading for the extra height and that you're okay with that trade.

#4 ·
Take a look at the brake lines and wires under the bed as well. Those may get pulled out when your suspension fully extends.

#5 ·
A body lift is like ancient technology in the lift world. Overly complex to install on a titan, structurally weak in concept and design, offset center of balance, look kinda odd, offset steering angle, etc etc. If you wanna clear 37's, coilovers and a 1.5" BL are all I'd do. A 3" is just what it is, the cheap easy way to do things. And when ya go cheap ya get cheap.

I wouldn't suggest it. But ultimately it's your trucks.

And as for the comments for zero complaints, try and install one. Few people I've ever read that installed one enjoyed it. The two I've done have been on jeeps and even then I'd rather not do another. And I wouldn't trust long body bolts and hockey pucks to keep my truck stable.

#6 ·
I still have my toe hooks!! As for steering angles,bed weakness etc,the kit comes with a spacer for the steering and blocks that get tack welded to the frame to support every cross member for the bed. Space between hitch and bumper yes,as for off center aka top heavy,your truck is lifted it's already top heavy. I will say the titan does not show as much frame as the chevy with a 3" body lift. Would I do it again? Yes. If you got 8 hours and can read directions then it's cake walk,easier then putting headers on. Right now I'm running 2" wheel adapters with 35" (love it) or I can take off wheel adaptors and run 37"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.