Nissan Titan Forum banner

Driving without fender wells ?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  LaxDfns15 
#1 ·
I've recently have done the jba headers install and haven't put my fender wells back in yet. I was wanting to know if it's safe to drive in the rain without them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I've been driving that way for a couple months on the driver side. That's the important side since that is where the air intake is.

#3 ·
every prerunner with fiberglass fenders has no fender wells. youll be fine. just keep in mind that water can shoot up from your tire toy our intake much easier.

#4 ·
A few FL guys don't run fender liners because it really helps a lot of heat escape. We also deal with a ton of rain. I've had it this way for over 2 years.

I did leave the very bottom mounting bolt out of my AirAid MXP to allow for drainage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
In the northern states it's not a good plan in the winter. It leads to early rust.

#6 ·
I've been running without them for a while. Only issue is I've had to clean my air filter a couple times and my engine bay looks like I threw a bucket of mud at each side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.