Nissan Titan Forum banner

What should I do?

What to do?

863 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  durzoblint 
#1 ·
So guys, it’s been a long time since my last posting. As some of you know I’ve had a few Titans. My current Titan is a 07 4X4 SE CC with 150K miles original owner. This truck has been great. Only real failures were radiator, transmission mount bushing, transfer case seal and of course the manifold leak oh and the dash bezel is cracked another known issue. This is all I can think of at this moment. Anyway I’ve put soooo much money into aftermarket stuff and it’s starting to ware out. I put 2-3 exhaust and now I’m back to stock. I put on a couple of air intakes and now back to stock. Had 2 different style programmers and now back to stock. I’ve had 3-4 sets of rims and I put on the 20” stock and powder coated to match the gray. I still have a alpine system, navigation, remote start and alarm with a tonneau cover and amp step boards. Oh and still have HID’s and the DR/Icon suspension. I’m debating whether or not to fix it up and keep it for a few more years or sell it and buy another truck. Current issues, starting to make a wine from power steering, not bad but I notice it. Have a small ding in the front bumper size of a quarter driving my OCD crazy and rear bumpers has a 3 inch long ½’ crease in the corner someone bumped it and left a couple weeks ago. I’ve never done any body work to it and there’s no dents I can see. I have a few small scratches on the bed. The top of the cab is starting to lose the original paint. Hot so cal. sun and my truck isn’t garaged but is detailed regularly. I’m thinking of removing my tonneau cover and putting on a bak flip G2 as I’m always taking off my cover and using for work. Buying new bumpers and painting to match. Also thinking about taking off the chrome handles for black and painting to match. Putting on a black mesh grill and painting the top of the cab along with the bed. Issue is to do all this will cost around 5K. I looked it up and it’s around 1.5K in parts, 2-2.5K in paint and labor and around 1K for a new topper with tax and install. Should I put that much into a truck that’s worth what 10-12K?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Sounds like me and my old Xterra. It needs money, needs work, even though I've cherished it and put tons of money into it. It won't last much longer since I'm broke AF, but I love it so I keep it. Ran out and bought my brand new Titan last August. Now I have two trucks, the one I've loved for years and the one that is dependable and I wanted for over a decade. It all depends on your situation. If you have the money, spend it. If it will last, it's worth it. Otherwise, I would get something new (or newer) just so I could get to work everyday and be able to pay for it lol

Reactions: Titanequipped
#3 ·
I think she about covered it really. It all comes down to whether or not it will be worth it for you personally. All bias aside (being that this is a Titan forum and all) they really are reliable, dependable trucks. Treat it well and you can easily get another 100,000 miles out of it if that's what you want.

#4 ·
Yeah I really like my truck. There's something about everytime I get in it makes me feel good. I have a newer Cadillac I purchased for my wife and don't like it at all. Wish she'd let me trade in that. I've been looking at trucks and I was a stones throw from buying a new Silverado, but for some odd reason don't like the look of the new front ends (16'). The ford is nice and all, but when I built the truck the way I wanted it was 52K. Pfft I'm not cheap but damn..... Also when I got in it, it was different. More high tech than the Titan but didn't feel right. Maybe I'm use to the old Titan but I love the way it runs and drives. I'm truely leaning on putting the 5K into it and keeping it another 100K. I'm also in the market for an RV spending $$$$ on my house and my youngest daughter starts a new university in the fall. Money money money. Oh and I'm redifining my career at the moment. So lots of things to think about. Thanks to all those voting and responding. Miss all you old timers on the forum, I remember the first few Huntington Beach meets, they were awesome.........

#5 ·
5k<<<30k+ for a new truck.

#6 ·
I would keep it. I. Sure if you shop around some more you can get better prices on painting and the body work. Yeah you've some replaced parts but at least you now know the parts that have been replaced will last. Just cause the truck is new doesn't mean it won't have problems. I know you get warranty but still a hassle with dealers and being truckeless cause they take forever. At least now it's paid off its yours. Now those payments can go towards that are rv or your daughters , or your house AND you have a reliable paid off truck. But then again having a brand new truck is nice lol (except for those hefty payments)

Now what's this about these Huntington Beach meets?! They don't happen anymore?

#7 ·
do what makes you happy.
I`m not diggin the newer truck from the big 3, I drive a 2500 Dodge for work and eh, it`s ok and a major gas hog.
We put money into our rigs bc we like them, when we don`t anymore, then it`s gone...

as long as the bones are good and the rest is cosmetic, might as well keep here for a few more...

good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.