Nissan Titan Forum banner

Is it Possible to replace factory NAV screen?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kmccb23 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to replace the factory navigation screen with another screen that has multiple inputs.. I'm guessing the input into the nav screen isn't s-video or similar so I was hoping there is some type of an adapter to take whatever cable it is and take it to s-video..

What I'm wanting to do is install the CarPC I had in my Altima into my Titan.. The screen has VGA/HDMI/S-VIDEO inputs.. This way I can get the functionality of my CarPC but still keep the OEM functionality of the Titan..

Someone please tell me some good news that there is an adapter or something.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I doubt it. I've been here since the beginning and I've never heard of this being done successfully. If you were willing and able to make your own adapter, maybe, but you'd have to know the output of everything on the Nissan plugs, the corresponding input on the screen you were using, and the data output from the Nissan unit would have to be in a usable form for the new screen.

#3 ·
Dang.. That's a super bummer.. :(

I guess my only option would be to use one of these NISSAN TITAN 2004-2012 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE - vehicles without navigation / Infiniti/Nissan - TVandNav2Go.. That would allow me to add a CarPC as a source input but the OEM monitor is kind of crap.. And I definitely dont't want to go VGA/DVI/HDMI out from CarPC to composite as that will kill the quality..

My end goal is to be able to keep the ability to view trip, tire pressure, maintenance, etc that I can now but get my CarPC installed..

If I remove the factory HU then their goes the ability to see that stuff.. If I keep the HU but remove the factory screen, their goes my ability to see that stuff as well..

Hmmmmmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.