Nissan Titan Forum banner

Premium Gas?

45K views 300 replies 52 participants last post by  HudsonValleyTitan 
#1 ·
The Oct 2004 edition of Truck Trend states that Titans require premium fuel. Is this true? Maybe I should have checked, but I've been putting 87 octane in mine since I bought it in Nov 05! Mmmm.....:crybaby:

#252 ·
EricCartmann said:
"if you keep your mouth shut everyone will ASSUME you are an idiot, if you open it, they will KNOW you are" -- Mark Twain
Mark Twain may have said this, but he qouted it from the Bible.

For gas, I have run regular, premium, and E85 in my Titan, and performance wise I can not tell a difference in any of them. I have not run premium enough to see if there is a statistical difference in MPG, but my gut feeling is that there isn't one. For other technical matters concerning the Titan, well, I work in the health field, so I will yield any thoughts on that to the petroleum engineers of the forum.

#253 ·
RxZ said:
Mark Twain may have said this, but he qouted it from the Bible.

For gas, I have run regular, premium, and E85 in my Titan, and performance wise I can not tell a difference in any of them. I have not run premium enough to see if there is a statistical difference in MPG, but my gut feeling is that there isn't one. For other technical matters concerning the Titan, well, I work in the health field, so I will yield any thoughts on that to the petroleum engineers of the forum.

"the right choice is not always the most popular choice" -- Grover Clevelend

"the truth always goes through 3 phases,
- first it is ridiculed
- then it is vehmently denied
- finally it is accepted as being fact" -- author unknown

since no one wants to debate about premium anymore maybe we can debate about religion?????

#255 ·
TitanFan59 said:
Ok, man revelations is a biooootch.
it is but... armegeddon is a bigger beeyotch. that dude whoever he is kicks @ss!

#261 ·
I thought this thread was dead allready!!!! Eric LET IT DIE ALLREADY!!! Please please please please LET IT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you want?? Just name a mod and I'll get it for you*....JUST LET IT DIE!!!! Start a new thread about religion. This one needs to rest in peace or pees which ever you prefer>>> Are you really that bored?:jester:

* = Yea right!!

#263 ·
trex3730 said:
I Started Using 92, But Switched To 87 After A Couple Of Months Of Ownership. The Truck Runs Great On 87. I Feel No Performance Difference. I Have 32000 Miles.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you will get Eric going again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#266 ·
:jester: :jester: :jester:

ok i will stop posting to this one :jester:

#268 ·
mach1 said:
Point taken. I need to spend less time here anyway, and focus on more important tasks, like finding a job.
Man jobs are a everywhere around here. Everyone around here is hiring, I am thinking of taking another job.

#269 ·
helomech said:
Man jobs are a everywhere around here. Everyone around here is hiring, I am thinking of taking another job.
One of my freinds who just got kicked out of the air force and who is from LA already said hes not sweating it, he has a good job lined up and waiting for him. I think hes from st charles, or charles lake, or port charles.....

Maybe Ill move. GA does absolutely nothing for me, but im kind of tired of moving. Im on my 5th state already...

#270 ·
mach1 said:
One of my freinds who just got kicked out of the air force and who is from LA already said hes not sweating it, he has a good job lined up and waiting for him. I think hes from st charles, or charles lake, or port charles.....

Maybe Ill move. GA does absolutely nothing for me, but im kind of tired of moving. Im on my 5th state already...
I am thinking about moving from here, I am tired of loading up all my wifes animals everytime a hurricane comes by. My yard has flooded 4 times in the 10 years I have lived here. But I do have a boat launch in my front yard and some of the best fishing just down the bayou. BTW it is lake charles.

#274 ·
Okay, I know this thread is already dead but I have done my own little Experiment to find out what the difference is between premium and regular is. When I heard all the good things about premium I was like yessss, another cheap thing to get me more power.
Here is my results:
I ran 3 tanks of regular (87 octane) and recorded the gas mileage of each tank. I got an average mileage of 14.3 out of all 3 tanks of regular. Then I ran a 4 tank to as far empty as I could put premium in and reset the ECU. I finished up that tank of premium and a miniscule amount of regular. Then I filled it up with 3 tanks of premium which averaged a whopping 15.1 mpg out of the three tanks. Yes that is a .8 increase in MPG. I did not feel a difference between premium and regular, maybe a little power gain. So premium will give you better MPG but I don't think it's by enough to be worth it. I was really hoping for some better performance with the premium, I actually was looking foreward to using it but it seems with these high gas prices and the miniscule amount it helps it is not worth that much money for ME! Now if I wasn't broke right now I would probably run 91 octane for the little performance gain it has. But for now I am going to stick to the poor peoples gas 87 octane. This experiment of mine was done in about the same driving conditions and to the same places for each of the gas tanks. The total milegae I drove for this experiments was about 2000 miles, I would think that is long enough to have acurate results, and for a note: I have an 06, it could be different then your guys's 04's and 05's for the premium running better with the 04's because they initially had premium as recommended.

Just thought I tell you guys about my little test.

Zack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.