Nissan Titan Forum banner

52" LED bar

8K views 136 replies 13 participants last post by  LSturbointeg 
#1 ·
So I Bought a 52" led bar on sale($80), and I want to mount it on my roof. Anyone have any suggestions on brackets or other methods to mount it? Thanks! Picture just for fun haha

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
We're on the same page... I can't seem to justify piercing my roof....

If you think your back window leak or the third brake light is a PITA to fix , imagine fixing a light bar leak above the headliner.

#8 ·
The only issue with that is we have to drill a hole on the roof which I really am avoiding at all costs.

I'm ok with the bracket holes, but I really don't want to drill an additional hole for the power wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Interested as well but are all mounting brackets universal or do you actually have to get some that are specific to a Titan? Also, for the wiring I'm assuming a hole will have to be drilled to get the wire inside and down the pillar?

#7 ·
Yep from what I'm seeing we have to drill a hole behind the weatherstripping near the pillar arm.

I'm guessing they don't have to be specific unless you want the light bar to have a low profile.

#10 ·
Would you happen to know if they have a 50" on sale as well?

#12 ·
Where did you purchase the lights from?

#14 · (Edited)
52" LED bar

Btw got a hold of nick .. The mounting of the bar is down right smooth....

So I'm probably going to order the bar and the brackets once I find a good deal on a 50-52"... I would prefer not to pay $350 for a RC one although it comes with the complete kit to wire up (harness, switch, relay, wiring).

#17 ·
#23 ·
I'm sure you can just go to home depot and use a foams gasket or heck even 3m double side tape could work

#25 ·
I make and sell these really high quality light bar brackets to a company called SocalSuperTrucks. We sit the light bar as close to the windshield and as far down as possible to give it the cleanest look we can. And heres a pic of mine for reference, if you need an actual measurement let me know, and ill get it to you.

EDIT: Heres a link to the brackets online:
Truck Accessories, Performance Parts, Truck Wheels
Hey CV, I checked that link but did you ever make one for the curved 50" light and also, any roof leaks or do your brackets come with gaskets?

#26 ·
Does he have the side brackets like the ones I uploaded ?

#29 ·
Hey quick question guys , anybody with an SE package have a LED light bar? Because I have a cap on the front of my roof that may not permit the roof mounted led bar.

#30 ·

You can zoom and see what I'm talking about.

#32 ·

Yeah this mess.... I have no idea what it's used for... Is it a compass, satellite radio, know it's not used for the general radio antenna....

I called rough country to inquire if the small antenna would clear their light bar setup and they weren't so sure about it clearing.

But they did advised me that their brackets would fit 50"-52" bars as well.

#36 ·
I see that you mounted the brackets in the rain gutters...is that how the normally supposed to be? And +1 on where you routed the wire?

#37 ·
Most mount in the rain gutters for our trucks.

But just from general experience of fixing leaks on Titans good forbid that weld goes or you have a headliner leak [emoji31][emoji31]..

So it looks good but the gaskets needs to be very damn reliable...

I may look into extra protection like a thin butyl tape because the gaskets may require replacement sooner than later in this south fla rain and heat ...

#38 ·
Wire is on the passenger side. That's where it comes out on my bar.

I thought the same with the gasket. I took some silicone and ran a bead around my mounts and where my wire goes in. Figure I will do that once a year or so just to make sure things stay good. It's a pain in the *** to get it around there in the rain gutter. Took some time, but, it can be done.

#39 ·
Sorry to be a pita lol but could you post a pic of the wire insert ?

#40 ·
Pulled the trigger on the 50" light bar. Need a lil help on the brackets ... I need to confirm on brackets that come with some type of grommet for the power wire ... Lmk what you guys are using

#42 ·
I just installed my light bar a few days ago and I got my Rubber grommet from Lowes....they have them in the drawers in the same section as all the different screws and such. I was worried about drilling holes in my roof but it turned out pretty good and I added silicon where the brackets mount to the roof and my grommet fit perfectly so no silicone was needed at all......just be careful you don't drill the wiring hole TOO big!:big_grin:

Reactions: KappaSutra
#41 ·
It's going to be Monday before I'm back at home. I was heading to the airport when I took that pic this morning. I've got the RC mounts. Solid. No complaints there. The grommet is kind of part of the wiring harness that came with the light. It fits tight but I still ran silicone around it also. I will try and get pics of it when I get back in KC on Monday.

#44 ·
Here is a pic of the guys truck that I asked about the install. I used the same Grommet....im at work right now but it was the smallest one they had. The only difference between this install pic and mine is I didn't put the connector on the roof, mine is on the inside of the truck.

Attachments

Reactions: KappaSutra
#45 ·
Thanks a lot!!!

#50 ·
So where are you guys buying your lights from besides the earlier link given? I've been browsing eBay and prices are all over the place from $86-250! Some are actually fitted for the titans which include brackets and hardware. Osram's, Phillips, Cree, ect...

Lol! I'm still trying to convince myself drilling holes in my roof will be fine. Also Kappa, did you decide to get those $90 brackets?

#52 ·
Auxbeam bro it's where I got my light from. If you have a white truck they have 50% off until tomorrow.

https://www.auxbeam.com/

I'm really undecided about the $90 brackets because they are missing they gasket , nutserts and grommets... So it's not really the best deal.

Because when it's all said and done I'm spending more cash for the extras.. Plus I'm a little worried about wind noise coming in the cab.

#55 ·
I have a question for everyone.....the 2 spotlights that came with my roof mount kit, do you all think I could get away with mounting them on the Bed of my truck on each side right behind the Cab and using them to ward off tailgaters (unofficially) and using them as additional lighting at night backing up in the dark (Officially)?:big_grin:

#56 ·
the problem with that is it is ticket worthy if caught with them on. and if there is an accident caused from it , that is on you as well.
Does it work, sure does! back in the day I had KC Dayliters on the wheel tubs and the tailgaters would back off or get their retinas burned.

the tailgating problem is huge here in NC.

#61 ·
I saw a few guys on this thread interested in the roof light bar but not wanting to pierce a hole in the roof for the wiring. I ran the wiring down the edge of the window which honestly nobody even notices until I point it out. Here are a few pics (sorry it's dark out) if y'all like the way it looks I can tell you exactly how it was done.

#64 ·
so looks like you just used wire loom down your front windshield? ugh...the light bar on top looks really good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.