Nissan Titan Forum banner

2015 Pro4X cold start issues

848 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AZPRO4X 
#1 ·
On cold mornings (30-40 deg) my truck is a little sluggish starting up. If I don't make an extra effort to hold the key on a little longer it won't always start the first attempt. The dealer changed the battery and it did not help. I have also noticed that it acts similarly if the truck is not driven for a couple days. After the first start of the day it seems to always start fine. I am sure this has been seen before. I appreciate any insight. I've had nothing but trouble with this truck since day 1. I should mention that the entire wiring harness for the Nav/Radio system has been replaced. Replacing the harness did fix the radio problem I was having but sometimes the Nav/Radio unit does not come on when it starts. It will eventually come on 2-3 mins later. I doubt that is related but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks,

#2 ·
I could really use some help here everyone. 1k away from warranty expiration. Vehicle still does all the mentioned things above and 1 out of every 10 starts the radio does not come on for 3-5 mins. Dealer has been useless and this is about to be my permanent problem to fix. I have attached a pic of the radio model. One thing to mention. This is the third radio/nav head unit that's been in the truck. The dealer changed it two other times. All the radios had the problem with not always starting up when the truck was started.

Thanks in advance for any tips/help

Attachments

#3 ·
This doesn't sound like a radio problem, maybe IPDM? I am not too familiar with the system, but as I understand, its the brainbox/power distribution box for the truck. Maybe some more experienced guys will jump in here and give their $0.02. I would imagine nissan would have checked that with your symptoms...maybe not?

#4 ·
I'm on my second T, my 15 starts like a champ immediately even on cold mornings. Also haven't had any issues with the nav unit, but I remember reading something on someone else's issues. I imagine if they have changed out multiple head units it's obviously something else causing the issue, not trying to be captain obvious here but ya.
Pretty weird issues really an not common that's for sure.
I'll do some searching

#5 ·
1: Go trade it in...
2: Get a Nissan Extended Warranty before the BB Warranty Expires...
3: Hurry and take it to a different dealer..
4: Put in a Aftermarket Radio..
5: Just let it be...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.