Nissan Titan Forum banner

Llittle things on the under side of the center console lid?

16K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  NRA_guy 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I am curious as to what the little things on the under side of the center console lid are for.

I have not yet found them mentioned in the owner's manual and I have not figured out what I might use them for.

See circled things in attached photo.

Mine is a 2015 Titan SV King Cab.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·

Attachments

#5 ·
It's probably for when the trucks are sold new... those of us that pick em up used really have no reason to cry.

Now.. if they made a fast food napkin size holder, that would just be the S#!t... 'cause...I got a ton of those floating around loose in the glove box... and I spill a lotta coffee...

#7 ·
Both absolutely true!! I think I like the insanity one a little better!

#8 ·
A long time ago, I was told it was for tissues and business cards? I always thought the one on the left was for a dvd remote? However, it makes no sense when it's in a Titan without any rear entertainment center.

#9 ·
OK, I found an old thread in which it was discussed.

The thread was originally about a tray that was bought at Walmart that fits in the console, but there are several comments about the features built into the underside of the top:

Link

There is even one photo of one owner's use of the feature showing a remote control:

But some say they keep a little notebook there. Tissue is also mentioned.

The owner's manual is silent on this feature.

#20 · (Edited)
OK, I found an old thread in which it was discussed.

The thread was originally about a tray that was bought at Walmart that fits in the console, but there are several comments about the features built into the underside of the top:

Link

There is even one photo of one owner's use of the feature showing a remote control:

But some say they keep a little notebook there. Tissue is also mentioned.

The owner's manual is silent on this feature.

Hahaha I love the madness in this pic. 1)buy ****ty a** parliament cigs >replace cigs with remote control > distract myself with gaming addiction > obligatory backup nicorette gum> Finally, a single .40 cartridge for the dome when I just can't take it anymore and smoke the ****ty a** parliaments...

Sent by my thumbs using whatever means necessary

#12 ·
Those would be some LONG smokes, and FYI, the Titan interior upholstery doesn't like smokers... Ask me how I know!

I couldn't even guss at the hook to the right, but man, that larger slot, with some epoxy, or even just some good velcro, could make a perfect mounting point for a pistol holster. I couldn't say, as I have the third seat/folding console in the front, and my pistol rides on my hip, or between my seat and the center... in rare instances, on the console with a fingertip on the safety..lol

#13 ·
Generally speaking, the one to the front is just like the various tissue holders on other vehicles (and that's what Ford called them way back in college when I worked at a dealership for about 6mo). If I recall from my dealership days, the clip is for your checkbook. Holds great if you have an old style vinyl checkbook with register on the other half, and a pen inserted at the spine. Just my $.02, though.

My pistol stays in an IWB Summer Special unless it's in my right hand.

Reactions: TheeKB
#15 ·
Thanks, folks.

Does anybody else think it strange that the 457-page Titan owner's manual is silent on this?

I mean, if Nissan takes the time and effort to put these features in our trucks, wouldn't you think that they could squeeze in a line or two that describes what it's for?

#16 ·
OK, I emailed Nissan North America's customer service department and asked what the things in the top of the center console are for.

They don't know either.

Here is their reply:

---------------------------------------

Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Nissan North America. I cannot find anything inside the owner's manual either. However if I was to make a guess, I would say it’s probably for your phone and cord management for the USB port that is inside of the arm rest.

Case # 26247802 has been created to document your comments. If you have any additional concerns or comments, please feel free to email or contact us directly at 1-800-647-7261 (Option 7).

Sincerely,

Consumer Affairs Representative
Nissan North America, Inc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#18 ·
I use it to keep a Nalgene bottle from flopping all over.

#19 ·
I use it to keep my "to go" coffee upright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.