Updating an 07 SE 4x4 Titan - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Updating an 07 SE 4x4 Titan

Hi everyone. I was looking into buying a new truck but decided to keep my Titan instead. It only has 103k miles on it so I think that it still has a long life ahead of it. I have been very lucky with it, the only issue I have had is the warped rotors which I fixed a couple of years ago with the Frozen rotor upgrade and the paint fading . Rear axle has not given me any issues, maybe it was the True Trac that I had installed shortly after buying it brand new. The manifolds and radiator have held up so far. Okay, so here is the list of things to come in no particular order.

JBA long tube headers - installed
Cajun Bpipes - installed
Ultra quiet resonator - installed
Uprev tune - final tune installed
3.36 gear swap
Retro-Solutions - installed
Vent mod - installed
Stillen radiator - installed
Hellwig helper spring - installed
Rough Country traction bars - ordered
Tow mirrors - installed
Tow relays - installed
Weathertech - ordered
Audio upgrade (still shopping around)
Wheel spacers - ordered
GrillCraft MX series - installed
Autometer Tranny Temp gauge - ordered
4-6" lift (maybe)
35" tires if I add the lift

There is a couple of other things that I'm forgetting right now. I will update the post as time goes. I am open to any suggestions and advice on any experience you all have had. Please let me know if you have had any issues with any of the products or know where I can get some great deals. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
PRG Extended Travel lift, Icons in the rear, Transgo Shift Kit, Bully Pup, Nismo CAI, JBA Cat Back, True Trac, Frozenrotors Big Brake kit, T/B Bypass, Burnout Mod, Pinch Weld, ScanguageII, Moto Metal 0970's(Black), Cooper ATP 275/65-20, Katzkin, UWS Tool Box(Black), Remote Start Alarm, Autodimming mirror w/temp and compass display, 20% Tint all around
Harley Sticker

Wish list-Long Tube Headers, UpRev, IM mod, Tow Mirrors, Gears, Electric Fan Conversion, Lights and Lift.

05 HD Nightrain-Lots of mods
04 Raptor-Too many mods to list
Black 08 Honda SI (Wife's)

Last edited by all torque; 05-22-2017 at 06:54 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to all torque For This Useful Post:
gweasel77 (05-06-2017), jdmartin (04-18-2017), Mastermind46 (04-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 03:12 AM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: Updating an 07 SE 4x4 Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by all torque View Post
Hi everyone. I was looking into buying a new truck but decided to keep my Titan instead. It only has 103k miles on it so I think that it still has a long life ahead of it. I have been very lucky with it, the only issue I have had is the warped rotors which I fixed a couple of years ago with the Frozen rotor upgrade and the paint fading . Rear axle has not given me any issues, maybe it was the True Trac that I had installed shortly after buying it brand new and the radiator has held up so far. Okay, so here is the list of things to come in no particular order.

JBA long tube headers
Cajun Bpipes
Uprev tune
3.36 gear swap
Spyder/Anzo headlights, Spec-D/Volant tail lights, Spyder fog lights and Spyder 3rd brake light.
Vent mod
Stillen radiator
Hellwig helper spring
Rough Country traction bars
Tow mirrors
Tow relays
Audio upgrade (still shopping around)
Wheel spacers (still shopping around)
MasterCraft grille
4-6" lift (maybe)
35" tires if I add the lift

There is a couple of other things that I'm forgetting right now. I will update the post as time goes. I am open to any suggestions and advice on any experience you all have had. Please let me know if you have had any issues with any of the products or know where I can get some great deals. Thanks for reading.

Your mod list looked great until the end my friend! You will spend a lot of money waking up your truck with these mods just to throw it away with big heavy tires. Do what you want, but I think you could have a street monster will these upgrades less the lift...

She's just getting broken in! We'd like to see the build you have visioned, keep us updated

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"more LED`s, fake lifts, and how to change a dam headlight bulb is what this place is all about, wow!... hahahahaha"

~Pale Rider~

flowmaster attached with clamps and flex pipe for epic exhuast notes...right...

The Following User Says Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:
gweasel77 (05-06-2017)
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'm with you on the headers, bpipes, uprev but then I'm going straight to lift and 35s. Cracked headers are the only reason I'm not doing loft and tires first. The titan is replacing my 98 rodeo which has been all through moab and Colorado. Hoping the titan can take its place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2007 Titan

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - All the mods
post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:42 PM

Garage

For wheel spacers, tires, and (I assume) you'll want some wheels too check out Custom Wheel Offsets they have an awesome youtube page giving tons of info on this kind of stuff, and their website is super helpful too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuyaspidey For This Useful Post:
mr407432 (05-16-2017), TheeKB (04-18-2017)
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:35 PM

Location: WESTERN (actual) Colorado.. where the mountains are.
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Nice plan, But I have to break it to you gently: That's not a refresh, that's a full-on BUILD!

Definitely keep us in the loop with your progress.

09 CC HME SE 4X4 FFV FORMER Mountain Oilfield Workhorse, Current daily scrap metal hauler!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Till it falls apart.........
.......Or I do

September 2014 Titan Talk Titan of the Month

-----Hobbyist 12v mad scientist-----
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:43 AM

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Awesome! Do it up and keep some threads up here on the Board. I love seeing people refurb/refab old trucks! Who needs a new 'un?
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmartin For This Useful Post:
gweasel77 (05-06-2017)
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind46 View Post
I'm with you on the headers, bpipes, uprev but then I'm going straight to lift and 35s. Cracked headers are the only reason I'm not doing loft and tires first. The titan is replacing my 98 rodeo which has been all through moab and Colorado. Hoping the titan can take its place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I would like to see pics of that when it happens.

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
PRG Extended Travel lift, Icons in the rear, Transgo Shift Kit, Bully Pup, Nismo CAI, JBA Cat Back, True Trac, Frozenrotors Big Brake kit, T/B Bypass, Burnout Mod, Pinch Weld, ScanguageII, Moto Metal 0970's(Black), Cooper ATP 275/65-20, Katzkin, UWS Tool Box(Black), Remote Start Alarm, Autodimming mirror w/temp and compass display, 20% Tint all around
Harley Sticker

Wish list-Long Tube Headers, UpRev, IM mod, Tow Mirrors, Gears, Electric Fan Conversion, Lights and Lift.

The Following User Says Thank You to all torque For This Useful Post:
Mastermind46 (04-18-2017)
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuyaspidey View Post
For wheel spacers, tires, and (I assume) you'll want some wheels too check out Custom Wheel Offsets they have an awesome youtube page giving tons of info on this kind of stuff, and their website is super helpful too!
Thanks, I will check them out. I already have some decent wheels but they are almost flush with the body. Looking at spacers to give me that wider stance without having to spend a fortune on a new set of wheels.

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
Harley Sticker

post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the support. Just got back to the states yesterday, now I'm waiting for things to start coming in the mail. Driving the truck home I notice that it has what sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere up front, haven't had the chance to look. Wonder if it's a manifold gasket leaking. Will check in the next few days once I get a chance.

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
Harley Sticker

post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 02:07 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by all torque View Post
Thanks for the support. Just got back to the states yesterday, now I'm waiting for things to start coming in the mail. Driving the truck home I notice that it has what sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere up front, haven't had the chance to look. Wonder if it's a manifold gasket leaking. Will check in the next few days once I get a chance.

The nissan oem gaskets are good and I haven't heard of them leaking...they could, but if anything it will be a cracked manifold...common issue

"more LED`s, fake lifts, and how to change a dam headlight bulb is what this place is all about, wow!... hahahahaha"

~Pale Rider~

flowmaster attached with clamps and flex pipe for epic exhuast notes...right...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:
gweasel77 (05-06-2017), TheeKB (04-18-2017)
post #11 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman View Post
The nissan oem gaskets are good and I haven't heard of them leaking...they could, but if anything it will be a cracked manifold...common issue

That's what I thought but it sounds like an exhaust leak. Is that what the crack manifold sounds like? It tought it would be a loud tick type of sound.

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
Harley Sticker

post #12 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 PM

I just made the same decision as you on my 07' titan, I just couldn't let the old girl go.
Im currently upgrading a whole mess of things on her I'd love to here how some of these go especially the tow upgrades your doing.

I just switched my head and tail lights to the halo spyders, and and spec-d in the back. Sounds like your doing the same they look great and are a super fast install.Be advised you will need to install blinker bulbs they do NOT come with the headlights all other bulbs were included. You do have the remove your front grill to install these. If your installing a new rad to id do this at the same time as it will save you some double work.

I replaced my rad twice, the second time i switched it to and all metal radiator instead of the stock metal with plastic top and bottoms. This was years ago and i haven't have a problem since,the radiator is definitely a worth while upgrade.

If your getting it repainted make sure the guys are extra careful with your door seals. The ones that run near the roof are not really able to be reused and they are really expensive seals (300+ from a dealer).

Im currently adding a level kit and new shocks and struts but i have a 2wd so this will be different. But id like to hear what you end up doing and if you add those wheel spacers/adapters and what tire size your gunna go with.

Cheers and have fun fixing up your ride.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skatenapper For This Useful Post:
gweasel77 (05-06-2017), jdmartin (04-19-2017)
post #13 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatenapper View Post
I just made the same decision as you on my 07' titan, I just couldn't let the old girl go.
Im currently upgrading a whole mess of things on her I'd love to here how some of these go especially the tow upgrades your doing.

I just switched my head and tail lights to the halo spyders, and and spec-d in the back. Sounds like your doing the same they look great and are a super fast install.Be advised you will need to install blinker bulbs they do NOT come with the headlights all other bulbs were included. You do have the remove your front grill to install these. If your installing a new rad to id do this at the same time as it will save you some double work.

I replaced my rad twice, the second time i switched it to and all metal radiator instead of the stock metal with plastic top and bottoms. This was years ago and i haven't have a problem since,the radiator is definitely a worth while upgrade.

If your getting it repainted make sure the guys are extra careful with your door seals. The ones that run near the roof are not really able to be reused and they are really expensive seals (300+ from a dealer).

Im currently adding a level kit and new shocks and struts but i have a 2wd so this will be different. But id like to hear what you end up doing and if you add those wheel spacers/adapters and what tire size your gunna go with.

Cheers and have fun fixing up your ride.
I would love to see pics of your lights. I do plan on changing the radiator and grille so it's makes sense​ to do them in conjunction with the lights, thanks for the tip. I thought about adding the LED bulbs while I was at it too. Towing is one the big reasons for making some of these upgrades, I hope to have a noticeable difference when I'm done. I'm moving to Florida in a few months and will towing a trailer the whole way.

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
Harley Sticker

Last edited by all torque; 04-19-2017 at 01:58 PM.
post #14 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Just to put in my 2 cents. I just replaced all my exhaust with JBA long tube headers, Cajun Bpipes, and JBA catback and it sounds great. However, like yourself, I have a 4x4 and it's not as easy to do the headers. Most people say to loosen the motor mounts and jack up the engine, except that on 4wd models the front diff is in the way and you can't get to the motor mount bolts. So I ended up taking out the exhaust manifold studs to get the new headers in. Just a heads up. Also uprev is great. I was impressed with how quickly they got my maps made and sent to me. But I'm super happy with everything. Good luck with the project. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledder View Post
Just to put in my 2 cents. I just replaced all my exhaust with JBA long tube headers, Cajun Bpipes, and JBA catback and it sounds great. However, like yourself, I have a 4x4 and it's not as easy to do the headers. Most people say to loosen the motor mounts and jack up the engine, except that on 4wd models the front diff is in the way and you can't get to the motor mount bolts. So I ended up taking out the exhaust manifold studs to get the new headers in. Just a heads up. Also uprev is great. I was impressed with how quickly they got my maps made and sent to me. But I'm super happy with everything. Good luck with the project. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How hard was it to get the studs out? Were they reverse tread?

Black 07 CC SE 4x4
Harley Sticker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top