Nissan Titan Forum banner

Updating an 07 SE 4x4 Titan

21K views 197 replies 22 participants last post by  all torque 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I was looking into buying a new truck but decided to keep my Titan instead. It only has 103k miles on it so I think that it still has a long life ahead of it. I have been very lucky with it, the only issue I have had is the warped rotors which I fixed a couple of years ago with the Frozen rotor upgrade and the paint fading[emoji35] . Rear axle has not given me any issues, maybe it was the True Trac that I had installed shortly after buying it brand new. The manifolds and radiator have held up so far. Okay, so here is the list of things to come in no particular order.

JBA long tube headers - installed
Cajun Bpipes - installed
Ultra quiet resonator - installed
Uprev tune - final tune installed
3.36 - installed
Retro-Solutions - installed
Vent mod - installed
Stillen radiator - installed
Hellwig helper spring - installed
Rough Country traction bars - ordered
Tow mirrors - installed
Tow relays - installed
Weathertech - installed
Audio upgrade (still shopping around)
Wheel spacers - installed
GrillCraft MX series - installed
Autometer Tranny Temp gauge - installed
CalTrend seat covers - installed
4-6" lift (maybe)
35" tires if I add the lift

There is a couple of other things that I'm forgetting right now. I will update the post as time goes. I am open to any suggestions and advice on any experience you all have had. Please let me know if you have had any issues with any of the products or know where I can get some great deals. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi everyone. I was looking into buying a new truck but decided to keep my Titan instead. It only has 103k miles on it so I think that it still has a long life ahead of it. I have been very lucky with it, the only issue I have had is the warped rotors which I fixed a couple of years ago with the Frozen rotor upgrade and the paint fading[emoji35] . Rear axle has not given me any issues, maybe it was the True Trac that I had installed shortly after buying it brand new and the radiator has held up so far. Okay, so here is the list of things to come in no particular order.

JBA long tube headers
Cajun Bpipes
Uprev tune
3.36 gear swap
Spyder/Anzo headlights, Spec-D/Volant tail lights, Spyder fog lights and Spyder 3rd brake light.
Vent mod
Stillen radiator
Hellwig helper spring
Rough Country traction bars
Tow mirrors
Tow relays
Audio upgrade (still shopping around)
Wheel spacers (still shopping around)
MasterCraft grille
4-6" lift (maybe)
35" tires if I add the lift

There is a couple of other things that I'm forgetting right now. I will update the post as time goes. I am open to any suggestions and advice on any experience you all have had. Please let me know if you have had any issues with any of the products or know where I can get some great deals. Thanks for reading.

Your mod list looked great until the end my friend! You will spend a lot of money waking up your truck with these mods just to throw it away with big heavy tires. Do what you want, but I think you could have a street monster will these upgrades less the lift...

She's just getting broken in! We'd like to see the build you have visioned, keep us updated

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: gweasel77
#3 ·
I'm with you on the headers, bpipes, uprev but then I'm going straight to lift and 35s. Cracked headers are the only reason I'm not doing loft and tires first. The titan is replacing my 98 rodeo which has been all through moab and Colorado. Hoping the titan can take its place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I would like to see pics of that when it happens.

Reactions: Mastermind46
#8 ·
Thanks, I will check them out. I already have some decent wheels but they are almost flush with the body. Looking at spacers to give me that wider stance without having to spend a fortune on a new set of wheels.

#5 ·
Nice plan, But I have to break it to you gently: That's not a refresh, that's a full-on BUILD!

Definitely keep us in the loop with your progress.

#9 ·
Thanks for the support. Just got back to the states yesterday, now I'm waiting for things to start coming in the mail. Driving the truck home I notice that it has what sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere up front, haven't had the chance to look. Wonder if it's a manifold gasket leaking. Will check in the next few days once I get a chance.

#10 ·
The nissan oem gaskets are good and I haven't heard of them leaking...they could, but if anything it will be a cracked manifold...common issue

#12 ·
I just made the same decision as you on my 07' titan, I just couldn't let the old girl go.
Im currently upgrading a whole mess of things on her I'd love to here how some of these go especially the tow upgrades your doing.

I just switched my head and tail lights to the halo spyders, and and spec-d in the back. Sounds like your doing the same they look great and are a super fast install.Be advised you will need to install blinker bulbs they do NOT come with the headlights all other bulbs were included. You do have the remove your front grill to install these. If your installing a new rad to id do this at the same time as it will save you some double work.

I replaced my rad twice, the second time i switched it to and all metal radiator instead of the stock metal with plastic top and bottoms. This was years ago and i haven't have a problem since,the radiator is definitely a worth while upgrade.

If your getting it repainted make sure the guys are extra careful with your door seals. The ones that run near the roof are not really able to be reused and they are really expensive seals (300+ from a dealer).

Im currently adding a level kit and new shocks and struts but i have a 2wd so this will be different. But id like to hear what you end up doing and if you add those wheel spacers/adapters and what tire size your gunna go with.

Cheers and have fun fixing up your ride.

#13 · (Edited)
I would love to see pics of your lights. I do plan on changing the radiator and grille so it's makes sense​ to do them in conjunction with the lights, thanks for the tip. I thought about adding the LED bulbs while I was at it too. Towing is one the big reasons for making some of these upgrades, I hope to have a noticeable difference when I'm done. I'm moving to Florida in a few months and will towing a trailer the whole way.

#14 ·
Just to put in my 2 cents. I just replaced all my exhaust with JBA long tube headers, Cajun Bpipes, and JBA catback and it sounds great. However, like yourself, I have a 4x4 and it's not as easy to do the headers. Most people say to loosen the motor mounts and jack up the engine, except that on 4wd models the front diff is in the way and you can't get to the motor mount bolts. So I ended up taking out the exhaust manifold studs to get the new headers in. Just a heads up. Also uprev is great. I was impressed with how quickly they got my maps made and sent to me. But I'm super happy with everything. Good luck with the project. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
How hard was it to get the studs out? Were they reverse tread?

#16 ·
Not very hard. The hardest part was getting to them, but you just do that the same way as you took off the nuts. They're not torqued down very much at all. Just make sure you have an E socket set (star sockets) and that's all you need. Also before you begin, I would suggest going to your Nissan dealer and getting a few spare studs and nuts. Probably 3-4 of each, just in case. I had to use I think one stud and 2 nuts, because the old ones wouldn't go back on very easy. But that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Thanks for tips. I put my order in for the JBA long tubes, Cajun Bpipes, Ultra Quiet resonator and UpRev today. My tow relays came in today and the tow mirrors should be in by the end of the week. Should be ordering the lights in the next day or two.

Reactions: sledder
#21 ·
Also had to take a flap disk to the drivers side motor mount, I had clearance issues as many do. I figured I'd stay away from the roadkill maintenence technique and not beat the headrrs into submission, just buzz off the mount with an angle grinder and flap disk

#24 ·
Just got done ordering more stuff. Original post has been updated. I did change my mind on the headlight and taillight upgrades. I read too many questionable reviews on the lights that I was looking at. People had issues with excessive condensation, halos not working and the overall performance of the projectors not being up to par. So I order stock replacements for the headlights because my current ones are yellow, again. I am going to upgrade the low, high, fogs and reverse lights with the Retro-Solutions LEDs. All other lighting will be upgraded with LEDs bought from Rock Auto.

#25 ·
First shipment is in.

#26 ·
^^^ That was a lie. ? My first shipment came in a couple days ago, it was my tow relays.

#27 ·
JBA headers came here yesterday but nature was calling and I couldn't open the door. Had I realized it was the UPS man with my headers I would have ran to the door. Now I have to wait until Monday for them to get delivered, requires​ signature. So tow mirrors are on, pretty easy install. Very surprised that I did not break a single thing installing them. Also, my LED lighting from Rock Auto came in today and is installed. Still waiting on headlight assy from RockAuto and LEDs from Retro-Solutions.

#28 ·
So I picked up my headers today and I am sad to say that they are damaged. Seems like UPS banged them around pretty good. One of the edges on the flange was gouged. Don't want to install them and risk having an exhaust leak because it didn't seal properly. I put a claim in with UPS, hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

#29 ·
Thought about just grinding it down but I paid a lot of money for them. It didn't seem right doing that to the coating.

#30 ·
The grille came in today as well. Hopefully the radiator and headlights show up so I can install them this weekend.

Reactions: jdmartin
#31 ·
That would push me from mellow to homicidal in an eyeblink. hope it all pans out for you and quickly.

#32 ·
My other set of headers shipped out today. I have to give thanks to Matt at Cajun, he got JBA to send me another set without much down time. Thinking about taking a couple of days off next week to get them installed, hopefully they will be here by Tuesday. I should get time on Sunday to install the Stillen radiator, Grille, headlights and LEDs and maybe the Rough Country traction bars.

#33 ·
The old radiator is out and the new one is in but I still have to install the shroud and fan. Ran out of time because I spent two hours driving back and forth to the auto parts store. Went to get some anti freeze and a thermostat, they ended up giving me the wrong one so I had to go back. Changing the serpentine belt was much easier with everything out of the way. Also changed out the radiator hoses.

The old grille​ is off, will get the new one installed once I change out the head lights. Won't get a chance to work on it again until Tuesday when I get a couple of days off. Tracking number says the headers should be here on Tuesday so I should be able to roll right in to that once I'm done with the radiator, grille and lights.

#34 ·
Here's a couple of pics​ for comparison with oe radiator and the Stillen radiator.
Definitely thicker than the OE.

#53 ·
i upgraded to the stillen long ago and i can say its definitely worth the extra money, i had 2 oem radiators go out on me in 3 years and they failed the same way (major crack where plastic meets the metal on the bottom). Have had zero problems with it since.

looks like your moving along, making me kinda jealous i just leveled my truck and changed the shocks out for the 5100 but i haven't had time to do any more work on it.

#35 ·
Got some more stuff in the mail today. Silver Ceramic JBA LTs, Cajun Bpipes, vent breather kit, upgraded rod ends for my traction bars and a PRG t-shirt. UPS dinged up the headers again but not on the flange this time. Going to call it good and hopefully start the removal of the stock manifolds tomorrow. Still need to finish installing the shroud, fan, lights and grille.

#37 · (Edited)
Soooo I didn't get very far today. The radiator is done, I have no leaks, so that's good. The headers, not so good. First bolt on the heat shield snapped as I was taking it off.? I'm an F'N retard, I didn't put any PB blaster on those bolts so I deserve what I get. I sprayed the rest and they have been sitting there all day. I didn't get a chance to get back to them.

I spent a good portion of the day selling a trailer and couple of ATVs. One of them didn't want to start so I had to break it down. Turns out the carb was dirty and the Jets were clogged. I cleaned ​the carb but one of the Jets needs to be replaced, so that will use up some of my free time tomorrow and I still have to put it back together.

I did get chance to work on the headlights and fog lights though. The Retro-Solutions LEDs are freakin bright! I'm going to order the turn signals too because the Dorman LEDs that I got from Rock Auto suck balls. They are not any brighter than the stock lights and they hyper blink too. I don't mind the hyper blinking​ too much but the front blinker only dims instead of turning off between blinks, so it makes it difficult to notice. I had already ordered the brake lights a couple of days ago because those Dorman LEDs were also not bright. Sorry no pics today, will hopefully get some tomorrow.

#38 ·
I pb blasted everything on my oem manifolds and broke 1 bolt on each of the heat shields. My truck is a 2014 with 45k on the clock, had 39 when headers went on. No big deal, you don't use the heat shields anyway and will end up in your attic or in the trash.

Reactions: all torque
#39 ·
Thanks Dammam, that makes me feel a bit better. Hahaha the truth is, I usually break something so hopefully that will be my one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.