Nissan Titan Forum banner

2005 Titan 4WD Sputtering

646 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nick Name 
#1 ·
I was driving home last night and I was on the highway and noticed a sound that sounded like the truck struggling for power. The sound persisted, but the truck had no problem with power. When I got off the highway to go home I was driving and I realized I couldn't turn and breaks were locking up. The truck just completely died and lost all power. Had to get it towed, and my service engine light came on. I tried resetting the ECU ( saw this was a problem with other Titan owners). But this didn't work. Any recommendactions? Engine will turn on but won't maintain RPMs or it will just stall completely after a couple mins.

Picture is what happened when the engine died. Car went into ACC mode.

4WD
167,700 miles

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you think to pull codes before reboot? A cheap OBD tool will only pull P codes. You could also be storing U and C codes given your description. Is ACC = accessory mode?...or do you mean in limp/safe mode? Based on your description, you could have as many as three different problems...ABS control (what was your sensations in the foot, the seat, what did you hear?), a fuel delivery issue (fuel pump is highly possible at the mileage and doesn't throw codes!) and a ECM puking on your dashboard (too many codes, a short, a reflash needed ?).

You need to hook up to diagnostics...find one problem and solve it. Find another, solve it. etc. You need a decent shop or even just get it to a dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.