Big Tow Mirrors...in or out? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cool Big Tow Mirrors...in or out?

my fellow coworker walked next to my truck and yanked the BT Mirrors all the way out and said to me in his lol redneck voice "Why ya'll big ole lifted trucks with these big ole tires and yet you have these here big ole tow mirrors and they're not pulled out?" i laughed so hard because of the way he did it and all i could tell him was "sooooo i don't break them in the Starbuck's drive thrus??" lol! so my fellow brothers do you guys drive with the BT extended or do you leave them in or do you have them half way out? if i'm not towing and they're extended all they way out it kinda looks retarded! almost looks like those Dodge Rams and their BT mirrors extended all the way out to the next *ucking lane! is it just personal preference?

BT mirrors in:

BT mirros out:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Nissan Titan LWB
Suspension Front:~Maxtrac Spindles~PRG 1.5" Spacer~Radflo 2.0's~DirtKing UCA's~PRG Endlinks~SPC Cambolts~Moog LCA's~PRG Derlin Spacers~PROTHANE Bushing~
Suspension Rear:~PRG Deaver C-30's~4" Blocks~Bilstein 5125 Shocks~Crown Suspension Adjustable Shackles~Custom CJD Racing 60" Traction Bars~
Wheels/Tires/Brakes:~20x10-24mm Fuel Hostage~35/12.5R20 Atturo MT'z~Maxtrac Extended BrakeLines~Front/Rear CrossDrilled/Slotted Rotors~
Lighting~Blk LED Halo Projector Headlights~XenonVision 35W 6K HID Kit~FogLight 5 CREE LED~White Interior LED Kit~3157 Switchback LED Turn Signal~Amber 450LM Led 194~
Exterior~Black Tow Mirrors~Iron Cross HD Step Bars~Carbon Fiber Door Handle Covers~AeroSkin Hood Protector~Upper/Lower Custom Satin Black Mesh Grill w/ Stainless Hardware~Fuel OffRoad Grill Emblem painted Satin Black/Carbon Fiber~20% Tint~AVS In-Channel Visor~PU Front Bumper w/ Bumper Cap Mod~Textured Fender Flares~SatinBlack Rear Bumper~SD Chargers Hitch~
Audio:~Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD~7"(2) HeadRest Monitors~FocalK2Pwr 6.5" Comp Frt/Rear~Tusunami 1.2FaradCap~Thunder2300X 4ch~Thunder280 2ch~Custom Sealed Enclosure w/ Polyfill~2 12" KickerProCompR~Fully Dynamatt Doors/Floorboards~Digital LED Voltage Display Fuse Holder~Stinger Gauge Pwr/Grnd Amp Wire Distribution Block~Stinger Pro 4 Gauge Blue/Clear Power/Ground Battery Wire~4/2-Channel 4000 Series RCA Cable~Stinger 14-Gauge Audio Speaker Wire~
The Following User Says Thank You to LSturbointeg For This Useful Post:
ns4787 (06-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Re: Big Tow Mirrors...in or out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSturbointeg View Post
my fellow coworker walked next to my truck and yanked the BT Mirrors all the way out and said to me in his lol redneck voice "Why ya'll big ole lifted trucks with these big ole tires and yet you have these here big ole tow mirrors and they're not pulled out?" i laughed so hard because of the way he did it and all i could tell him was "sooooo i don't break them in the Starbuck's drive thrus??" lol! so my fellow brothers do you guys drive with the BT extended or do you leave them in or do you have them half way out? if i'm not towing and they're extended all they way out it kinda looks retarded! almost looks like those Dodge Rams and their BT mirrors extended all the way out to the next *ucking lane! is it just personal preference?

BT mirrors in:

BT mirros out:

I keep them in, for the same reason you do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:19 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Don't be that guy. Leave them in unless you need them for towing. There's a reason you only see RAMs with them hanging out...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 PRO-4X KC
Looks and Sound: No chrome, Leveled, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 275/70/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, OEM modded headlights, RF system+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber pods
Performance: AirAid MXP, UpRev, JBA LT Headers, Cajun B Pipes, JBA catback, Dirt King UCA's, Bilstein 5100's
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaxDfns15 For This Useful Post:
BobNYC (06-14-2017), Indy (06-12-2017), Quartz (06-12-2017), Rage232 (06-13-2017)
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:01 PM

Garage

In, I don't need to pretend to tow a ghost trailer, I tow real trailers. If I am towing, they are out. If I am not towing and they are out, it just means I just dropped my trailer off and forgot to push them in and now I'm highly annoyed and will be pushing them back in the first chance I get.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Indy For This Useful Post:
LSturbointeg (06-12-2017), Rage232 (06-13-2017), REDRUM (06-14-2017), TheLaSwamp (06-14-2017)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 9,385 Times in 6,777 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DeadRiver

Urban legend: When you drive around with your tow mirrors pulled out without having a trailer on you are secretly signaling that you're cruzin' for dudes.

2004 Sedona Titan LE CC 4wd
75,000 mi. 1/22/14
86.000 mi. 8/20/15
96,000 mi. 12/02/16

2° | Sliding Bed Extender | 07 Bed Divider | OEM Overhead Racks | 10" BA Sub in a
Enclosure

PA Chapter Director

I should stop having my suit dry cleaned, it seems to kill people.
I'm not worried, I have a Titan with 4wd and a pair of balls.
You can lead a moron to knowledge but you cannot make him think.
I should probably buy more bullets.
The darkest hour is before the dawn.
The Urinator™
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadRiver For This Useful Post:
Rage232 (06-13-2017)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRiver View Post
Urban legend: When you drive around with your tow mirrors pulled out without having a trailer on you are secretly signaling that you're cruzin' for dudes.
Lol that's what Galaxy said on my other post!

2008 Nissan Titan LWB
Suspension Front:~Maxtrac Spindles~PRG 1.5" Spacer~Radflo 2.0's~DirtKing UCA's~PRG Endlinks~SPC Cambolts~Moog LCA's~PRG Derlin Spacers~PROTHANE Bushing~
Suspension Rear:~PRG Deaver C-30's~4" Blocks~Bilstein 5125 Shocks~Crown Suspension Adjustable Shackles~Custom CJD Racing 60" Traction Bars~
Wheels/Tires/Brakes:~20x10-24mm Fuel Hostage~35/12.5R20 Atturo MT'z~Maxtrac Extended BrakeLines~Front/Rear CrossDrilled/Slotted Rotors~
Lighting~Blk LED Halo Projector Headlights~XenonVision 35W 6K HID Kit~FogLight 5 CREE LED~White Interior LED Kit~3157 Switchback LED Turn Signal~Amber 450LM Led 194~
Exterior~Black Tow Mirrors~Iron Cross HD Step Bars~Carbon Fiber Door Handle Covers~AeroSkin Hood Protector~Upper/Lower Custom Satin Black Mesh Grill w/ Stainless Hardware~Fuel OffRoad Grill Emblem painted Satin Black/Carbon Fiber~20% Tint~AVS In-Channel Visor~PU Front Bumper w/ Bumper Cap Mod~Textured Fender Flares~SatinBlack Rear Bumper~SD Chargers Hitch~
Audio:~Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD~7"(2) HeadRest Monitors~FocalK2Pwr 6.5" Comp Frt/Rear~Tusunami 1.2FaradCap~Thunder2300X 4ch~Thunder280 2ch~Custom Sealed Enclosure w/ Polyfill~2 12" KickerProCompR~Fully Dynamatt Doors/Floorboards~Digital LED Voltage Display Fuse Holder~Stinger Gauge Pwr/Grnd Amp Wire Distribution Block~Stinger Pro 4 Gauge Blue/Clear Power/Ground Battery Wire~4/2-Channel 4000 Series RCA Cable~Stinger 14-Gauge Audio Speaker Wire~

Last edited by LSturbointeg; 06-12-2017 at 02:20 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
In, I don't need to pretend to tow a ghost trailer, I tow real trailers. If I am towing, they are out. If I am not towing and they are out, it just means I just dropped my trailer off and forgot to push them in and now I'm highly annoyed and will be pushing them back in the first chance I get.

Lol! Too effing funny

2008 Nissan Titan LWB
The Following User Says Thank You to LSturbointeg For This Useful Post:
Rage232 (06-13-2017)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:33 PM

Yea man, the mirrors stick out far enough for regular driving as it is. Again, don't be that guy with the mirrors out, it looks ridiculous...Your truck looks badazz as is, since you have the biggest version built! Keep those suckers squished in unitl you actually have to use them for towing.

Mods - PRG Lowering shackles, JBA LT's, UpRev, some exhaust work, PRG heimed RC traction bars, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Weathertech floor mats, Carhartt Seat Covers, Debadged, Tow Mirrors, Axle vent mod, Bilsteins

Wish List - Spray in bed liner, EBC brakes that aren't warped
The Following User Says Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:
Rage232 (06-13-2017)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 25,882 Times in 12,801 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

TrainingWheelsWhore™
08 Pro4X
Wife's ride '12 Maxima S Limited Edition
2013 Coachmen Catalina 252RLS Santara Series

The Following User Says Thank You to 4mula1fan For This Useful Post:
Rage232 (06-13-2017)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:50 PM

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Pushed in for sure unless I'm towing. Don't want the extra noise, chance of breaking them off on something, or having to get out and reset them before I can pull into the garage.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 AM

funny stuff.. everything so cyclic... back in the day, couldnt get your mirrors small enough... lol them mirrors on my list tho... just not near the top lol

Stance: Sittin Tall @ 46.5" Round 8" Lift.. 9" if she wears a skirt
Suspension: RC 6" Lift, 4x4 Coils, Bilstein 5100's, PRG UCAS & Sway Links,
CST CBDB, 4" Blocks/1" Helpers, Bilstein 5125's, AirLift Bags
Wheels: Ultra Crusher 20's wrapped with NTG 35"s, Bora 1.75" Wheel Spacers
Performance: BDGT, K&N CAI, Dual Exhaust FlowMaster knockoff
Audio: JVC 7" Head, 2 Kicker 10"s, Kicker Amp
Misc: Royalty Core Grilles w/ LightBar, RC Nerfs, Plastidipped badges, rear bumper,
Dbl Limo all around & 20% Windshield, Halo Projector Heads, Smoked tails & 3rd.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:43 PM

I wish I could move them further in than they go. It would make garage parking much easier.

But I do love my tow mirrors, I must admit.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:54 PM

I think LSturbo just needs to find whatever reason to post MORE pics of his Titan on the forum, '
hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahha hahahahahahha damn... ok Beer30, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pale Rider For This Useful Post:
honda250xtitan (06-14-2017), REDRUM (06-15-2017)
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaSwamp View Post
I wish I could move them further in than they go. It would make garage parking much easier.

But I do love my tow mirrors, I must admit.
The mirrors are great. The spotting mirrors are the best part of the setup imo. Those coupled with the OEM backup camera in my '14, I can park my truck anywhere with surgical precision

Mods - PRG Lowering shackles, JBA LT's, UpRev, some exhaust work, PRG heimed RC traction bars, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Weathertech floor mats, Carhartt Seat Covers, Debadged, Tow Mirrors, Axle vent mod, Bilsteins

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
I think LSturbo just needs to find whatever reason to post MORE pics of his Titan on the forum, '
hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahha hahahahahahha damn... ok Beer30, lol
PR,
I would post mad pictures of my T also if it were uncommon. Since the longbed was only offered for a short time, they are kinda hard to find...I like it, a lifted truck that actually looks proportional. it is good.

The Following User Says Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:
LSturbointeg (06-15-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top