Nissan Titan Forum banner

Manifold Exhaust Leak, or crack Recall

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  1BadTitan 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if there has been a recall on the exhaust manifold leaking, or cracked. I have noticed there's a lot of people with this issue. I've noticed when I first start up my truck and go down the road I hear like a ticking sound on the passenger side for about 1 minute, then once it heats up and it expands I don't hear it any more. Does this sound like a manifold crack or would it be a exhaust gasket? And could this be something that could be tighten up a little to make the noise go away. Thanks

#2 ·
I had the same problem and they did replace it under warranty the first time but then the second time they shruged it off and claimed it was the "normal" ticking sound of the engine. It was obvious it wasnt but they didnt want to do it. I got into a major argueing match with the mechanic (not normal) I called him deaf and they should really look toward a profesional mechanic next time. I could see it in the eyes of the guy, he wanted to hit me so bad! Bummer he didnt. I might have gotten a new Titan out of that law suit. Anyways I traded it in with the ticking. I just made sure it was warm when they did the look over on it. So I sold it to the dealer with the problem. Good luck. Are you still under the 36,000 warranty?

#3 ·
Are you still under the 36,000 warranty?
The 2wd exhaust manifolds have a cat built in, that means 8yr/80K emission warranty...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.