Nissan Titan Forum banner

HELP!! With SLIP andABS lights!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Treebasher 
#1 ·
I bought an 06 Titan wrecked in the front, but I can't get these lights to go off inside. Nothing seems to be wrong with the brakes, and don't know exactly what the SLIP light is for, but the trucks runs like a top. I was needing to know if anyone knew what sensors controlled these lights or if there is any way to get these to go off. Anyones help would be much appeciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
uhoh2626 said:
I bought an 06 Titan wrecked in the front, but I can't get these lights to go off inside. Nothing seems to be wrong with the brakes, and don't know exactly what the SLIP light is for, but the trucks runs like a top. I was needing to know if anyone knew what sensors controlled these lights or if there is any way to get these to go off. Anyones help would be much appeciated. Thanks.
The slip light is telling you that one wheel is spinning faster than the other and that the truck is applying brakes to that tire(but that is not what is happening in your case). I had the same problem a while back and the dealer replaced some swithces on the master cylinder and it took care of it. There has been a lot of bad swiches and when they changed mine they were on back order. The truck uses the abs sensors at each tire to tell the trucks computer which tire is slipping.

#3 ·
I just had an abs light come on and off for the past 2 weeks and it indeed was just a sensor. It was covered under my 100k warranty but I have high mileage if you are still with the 3/36 or whatever it is you should be covered. The service manger told me the the warranty covers just about everything except the brake lines.

#5 ·
uhoh2626 said:
Since mine was wrecked, do you think it will still be under warranty. It has 19,000 miles on it, I didn't know if being wrecked affected the warranty.
Take it in. If the lights stay on the brake system(ABS/ABLS) or traction control(VDC) is not working properly. Just give them the facts, the lights came on long after the accident.:paranoid:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.