Nissan Titan Forum banner

Where is oil pan and drain plug?

16K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  busemans 
#1 ·
Hello,

This is a great website.

I am a proud new owner of a 2008 Black Nissan Titan SE.

The truck is running great thus far. It is a alot different than my 2004 mustang GT.

I am almost hitting 3000 miles and want to figure out how to change the oil on the truck. I have changed oil before but all vehicles are different.

Where is the location of the oil drain plug? I have been under the truck. Is it a black almost oval shaped right by the skid plate.

I hope to take pics to post for other new members and owners.

Thanks

#2 ·
If you have the off-road package, then you must remove the little door on the skid-plate to access the drain plug. If you have a non-OR, then you must remove the entire panel (4 screws at the corners.) I think the owners manual covers this.

#3 ·
Sammy Sandbag said:
If you have the off-road package, then you must remove the little door on the skid-plate to access the drain plug. If you have a non-OR, then you must remove the entire panel (4 screws at the corners.) I think the owners manual covers this.
You have to remove the what to get to the who? What truck you drivin"?....lol. You have to remove the panal in the skid plate to change the oil filter....but not for anything else.
The oil drain plug will be the only plug you'll find closer to the passenger side of the rear skid plate (piece of tin really). It's easily seen and accessed without removing anything.

#7 ·
for a first time i would take the skid plate off and just explore around regardless if you have the OR one with the door or not.

the oil pan is 99% the lowest black part of the engine with a little nut thing sticking out of it. the transmission is usually silver (or simply aluminum) so it's hard to mistake.

#8 ·
Sammy Sandbag said:
Doh! Chalk that up to a long day at work.
My grampa always used to say, 'work makes ya stupid'. I have found that to be generally true.

#9 ·
I hate to give someone a hard time over their first post. But if you can't find the drain plug, maybe someone else should change your oil.

Reactions: Sportbikerider
#11 ·
HudsonValleyTitan said:
ROFLMAO !!! That's it. Tell it like it is !!!
True dat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info.

I don't feel bad being heckled a little bit.

But a least from what I saw of other post, I did see where the oil filter is.

I just wanted to confirm what I had already kinda figured. I saw the drain plug for the oil pan and the transmission fluid and wanted to make sure before I started. Like they say measure twice cut once.

I wonder where I might find a really good engine diagram. The titan manual's picture were not that great for locating the oil pan.

Again, thanks and I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

#13 ·
BlackTitan08 said:
Thanks for the info.

I wonder where I might find a really good engine diagram. The titan manual's picture were not that great for locating the oil pan.
I'm glad to hear you don't mind the ribbing.

As far as diagrams go, you might want to download the Nissan Service Manual. It's got all kinds of diagrams. It is very detailed and I have found it very helpful. Here's a link:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ce-manual-question.html?highlight=shop+manual

I'm not sure of the cost now. I downloaded mine nearly two years ago.

#14 ·
Originally Posted by BlackTitan08
Thanks for the info.

I'm glad to hear you don't mind the ribbing.

As far as diagrams go, you might want to download the Nissan Service Manual. It's got all kinds of diagrams. It is very detailed and I have found it very helpful. Here's a link:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...ht=shop+manual

I'm not sure of the cost now. I downloaded mine nearly two years ago.

You could watt for BBF too show up, I thank he has info and diagrams for everything.

#15 ·
Hello,

This is a great website.

I am a proud new owner of a 2008 Black Nissan Titan SE.

The truck is running great thus far. It is a alot different than my 2004 mustang GT.

I am almost hitting 3000 miles and want to figure out how to change the oil on the truck. I have changed oil before but all vehicles are different.

Where is the location of the oil drain plug? I have been under the truck. Is it a black almost oval shaped right by the skid plate.

I hope to take pics to post for other new members and owners.

Thanks
Good morning I have a question I'm a owner of a 2013 Nissan 4dr Titan an I've discovered some oil leaking out of my truck an it's by the front passenger tire. Now I had my oil changed last month an everything seemed fine. But for the last 2 days my oil light thing came on but my dash indicators doesn't show any problems? But after the indicator light came up I checked my oil last night an I had no oil in the truck an I see it's leaving oil on my drive way. I had 2 quarts of oil in the shed so I put them in there but it looks like they r leaking out pretty fast. I'm a 65yr old lady an I don't know what to do. This truck has never given me any problems at all. HELP!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.