Can anyone legaly take a picture of my license plate? - Page 4 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#46 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Can anyone legaly take a picture of my license plate?

Life advice from a 24 year old ... now THAT's funny, I don;t care who you are ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rod
first off...eminent presence?!? I'm not even going to dignify that comment... as I never said anything that would imply that I thought/felt that way... but thanks for implying such, mr. "super moderator". haha. you , must feel pretty special with that, huh?!?

also... he said there were NOT any No Trespassing signs... and yes, dip ****, I have graduated high school... I'm 24 yrs old and in law school at the University of Georgia...but I can totally understand where you got that educated guess from.... hahahaha.... idiot...on the boards for 8 years... congrats... I've been on over 10... whats your point?

and I understand letting someone know whats right and wrong is fine and dandy... but you called him a jackass, and you sir, judging by your posts, are a sad, bitter bastard... why don't you read up on a few rules and regulations (aka-LAWS and Ordinances) before you go telling someone what is and is not illegal...

all this kid asked was if it was legal to photograph someones tag... yes its legal... thats all that had to be said... no body needs life lessons from some old tool throwing curse words at him... but, you are an upstanding citizen, I'm sure...

and, I'm not by any means defending some of the as*holes on Pirate, but you sound so ignorant bashing the info or knowledge on that site...

its the WORLDS biggest, most widely used 4x4 forum... period...

anyway, I'm done listening to this psycho-babble bull sh*t... have fun guys... I feel bad for the great guys that are on this board having to listen to the almighty Yahoo... (real original, btw...)
Obviously this is what you needed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ban-hamster.jpg
Views:	3194
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	54736  

2004 Titan Smoke LE CC
Born 11/18/03
100,000 + miles

You know, it's always something. . .

#48 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Yahooligan

Too funny. I love people that defend others without actually reading the full story.

24 and on POR for 10 years, that's a good one, too, considering the current iteration of the boards has only been around since November of 2001.

Thanks for the laughs. I'm out.

The new pup: 2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 MegaCab SLT 4x4 SRW, Inferno Red
The old dog: 2005 Titan SE CC BT 4x4 - Magnaflow 24" w/ 3" Y-back single pipe, Bully Dog GT, RAS, SnugTop Sport shell, 5000k HIDs - SOLD!
The tail: 2010 Keystone Hideout 31BHS - Reese SC hitch, Prodigy brake controller
The old fish: 1984 Scarab 21SS - Marine Power 454 - SOLD
The new fish: 1998 Seaswirl 170 BR I/O

Last edited by Yahooligan; 01-15-2008 at 05:52 PM.
#49 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 PM

I guess the poor law school kid (yeah, like any of us believed that BS) didn't read the part of the thread where the original poster advised us that there WAS, in fact, a no trespassing sign at the complex entrance. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

[
#50 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to daylower

thought you had a friend you were stopping by to see in the condo and noticed his car wasn't there? at least thats what I'd go with if anything became of that.
#51 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to daylower

Quote:
If you really want to be exceptional and do something that will actually make you feel good about yourself... pull up your pants and go apologize to the guy for being a wiseazz. Tell him that you didn't realize that your actions were causing anybody a problem and you will do better in the future. Tell him that you're not promising you won't do it again if you're in a hurry, but you will respect his wishes on your daily commute. Then give him a smile and shake the man's hand. If he doesn't accept your apology it doesn't matter because you will feel good knowing you have done the right thing. The world is a small place with many strange coincidences. You may find out the old man's son could be a future employer of yours. Or the grandfather of a really hot chick you've seen.

oh yeah, that is totally a ***** move. Get yourself a hideaway plate and when you turn around in that lot just flip the switch.
#52 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 11:56 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

The school district in Calexico hires someone to photograph non-resident kids crossing the border to go to school.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1n1photos.html

04 4X4 LE Crew Cab, Purchased Used 3-06, Sold 3-09
Gone, but not forgotten!

Without Trucks, America Stops
If you got it, a truck brought it.

"Don't waste your breath to save your face, When you have done your best,
And even more is asked of you, Fate will decide the rest" --The Grateful Dead

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch with the world made of love and luck,
I've got a big suspicion about ammunition, I never forget to duck" --Jimmy Buffett
#53 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 01:09 AM

Bottom line is that it is perfectly legal to take stills or video (no audio without permission). As long as the person taking the picture does not trespass to do so.

No one has an expectation of privacy in regards to their license plate or the VIN on your vehicle. The plate(s) are on loan to you from the Div. of Motor Veh. and not your property.
#54 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Premium User

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,787 Posts
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

That's one meanass hamster right there !!!!!!!!! LOL

BEERWHORE

"THIS TRUCK IS AWESOME" !!!........"Uncle Sams Misguided Children"
The Marine Corps is a department of the Navy...>"THE MENS DEPARTMENT"!!!

"ROLL TIDE"

2004-LE-CC-BT-OR-4X4----GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2012 Galaxy Black PRO4X CC
#55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Premium User

Quote:
first off...eminent presence?!? I'm not even going to dignify that comment... as I never said anything that would imply that I thought/felt that way... but thanks for implying such, mr. "super moderator". haha. you , must feel pretty special with that, huh?!?

also... he said there were NOT any No Trespassing signs... and yes, dip ****, I have graduated high school... I'm 24 yrs old and in law school at the University of Georgia...but I can totally understand where you got that educated guess from.... hahahaha.... idiot...on the boards for 8 years... congrats... I've been on over 10... whats your point?

and I understand letting someone know whats right and wrong is fine and dandy... but you called him a jackass, and you sir, judging by your posts, are a sad, bitter bastard... why don't you read up on a few rules and regulations (aka-LAWS and Ordinances) before you go telling someone what is and is not illegal...

all this kid asked was if it was legal to photograph someones tag... yes its legal... thats all that had to be said... no body needs life lessons from some old tool throwing curse words at him... but, you are an upstanding citizen, I'm sure...

and, I'm not by any means defending some of the as*holes on Pirate, but you sound so ignorant bashing the info or knowledge on that site...

anyway, I'm done listening to this psycho-babble bull sh*t... have fun guys... I feel bad for the great guys that are on this board having to listen to the almighty Yahoo... (real original, btw...)
From a fellow UGA grad, please stop making us look stupid. Go DAWGS!

2004 Smoke CC SE 2WD, Flowmaster 40 Series...sold!
2005 Smoke CC LE 2WD, AEM Brute Force CAI, Flowmaster Super 44,
Bosch ICON Blades, Mobil 1 w/ Wix Filter
#56 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahooligan
Condos = private property. If there are signs that say no trespassing and people are making u-turns there, that is trespassing. The pictures are proof.

Your license plate doesn't belong to you, it is not private data. It's there for situations like this where someone needs proof. Bingo, take a picture...there's your proof.

The old man wasn't in the wrong, everyone making a u-turn there was if there are signs posted saying so.

And now you're pissed at the old man for taking action against people breaking the law? It's a good thing he didn't take a video of you trespassing and then you turning into an a-hole.

You need to have a little more respect for other people, their property AND the law, IMO.

Yes, the law. Using the private condo roads in order to get going the way you want to is consided bypassing a traffic control device (Which is what the no-left-turn sign is for. Preventing left turns helps the flow of traffic out of the parking lot and reduces the chance of accidents). What you're doing is no different than cutting through a parking lot to avoid a red light, stop sign, or no-right-turn sign. It's against the law and if someone wanted to be mean about it they could get you for trespassing and bypassing a traffic control device. All this in an attempt to save a minute or two so you don't have to take the correct route to your destination?

Sorry if that wasn't the kind of response you were looking for.
What he said.... And just because everyone else is making the same turn onto private property, doesn't make it any less wrong. I suppose if it was YOUR property and you didn't want the public using it as a convenient turn-around and you took pictures of the offenders, THAT would be OK...eh?

'07 SE KC Titan, Tow, Utility Bed, Off Road and Preferred packages, Majestic Blue, rear diffy replaced at 30k miles
#57 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Premium User

Thanked 59,576 Times in 18,718 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:

Wow.. Someone needs to mellow out a bit.

One another note. Was that really his avatar?

GingerWhore™ BayWhore™
2011 Blue Steel SL, 2WD, BT, CC, Mods: Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, OEM Bug Deflector, 15% tint, Nav System Hack,
OEM Ipod Interface, Armada Front Spoiler, Leveled, Firestone Air Bags, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Bully Dog GT,
4,300K Hid Lows, Highs, & Fogs, LED Interior Lights, CSF 3328 Radiator, Brake Performance Drilled & Slotted Rotors,
Wagner ThermoQuiet Pads, Grounding Kit, Rogue Key, Bilstein 5100's on All Four Corners

Hardships often prepare ordinary people for extraordinary destiny - C.S. Lewis
#58 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 AM

it is legal...nuff said

2008 SE KC 4x4 Blizzard White Titan
Tow package and popular package
OEM Bug Deflector
#59 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Guess
it is legal...nuff said
yep, if you can take a picture of Britney Spears crouch, sell it and post it on the Internet...I think someone can take a picture of your plate

SOLD, after 122,000 great miles:
2006 SE, CC, Big Tow, white
Born 5/06
Timbrens added
#60 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet
yep, if you can take a picture of Britney Spears crouch, sell it and post it on the Internet...I think someone can take a picture of your plate
Why would anyone want to see a picture of Britney Spears in a crouch?

Roy Rumaner
Fully Loaded 2004 Smoke LE 4x4

----------------------------------------------

Any questions about the site etc. Lets us know!
Closed Thread

Jump to top