Evap vent control valve replacement - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Evap vent control valve replacement

Anyone replaced one yet? Dealer wants big bucks but I seem to be able to find the part for $90. Where on the truck is it and how hard to do? Anyone have any tech info on how to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 20,478 Times in 12,167 Posts
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Re: Evap vent control valve replacement

You know Smoke, they just R&R'd the TC on that truck.
I wonder if something got unplugged or not plueed back in?
Even if that isn't it, I can't imagine that it is too terribly difficult to change.

BaldWhore
Starfishwhore

Red meat is not bad for you.
Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

You know you had a great night last night when you make it home the next day missing at least half your clothes.

It's not the zombies you have to watch out for. It's the stupid people.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleeme View Post
You know Smoke, they just R&R'd the TC on that truck.
I wonder if something got unplugged or not plueed back in?
Even if that isn't it, I can't imagine that it is too terribly difficult to change.
Front final drive got R&R'd walleeme. Doesn't look difficult to replace but I don't know where the darn thing is located.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Trouble Code P0455

This help you out?

gaycamellovingwhore
2008 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab
Black/Black Leather
Tow Package
Black Hunter Truck Accessories Brush Guard
Black Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover
iPod adapter - May sell since I don't have an iPod anymore
Magnaflow 22" dual in single out muffler
BullyDog Power Pup
5000k HID low beams

Wish List:
Cold Air Intake (AEM or Injen or K&N)

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
-Ben Franklin
#5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,951 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke05 View Post
Anyone replaced one yet? Dealer wants big bucks but I seem to be able to find the part for $90. Where on the truck is it and how hard to do? Anyone have any tech info on how to?
This TSB will give you a little more infos. such as part numbers and what all is needed. Once you fix the EVAP valve you need to install a filter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NTB06-095b.pdf (393.7 KB, 2774 views)

Last edited by baseballfanz; 01-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM

I just changed this part on my 04', the stealership priced it at 505$ for parts and labor 229 of it for parts. I bought the the new valve on courtesy parts .com about 90 bucks , with no filter. I figure the filter cost just as much as the new valve and i heard that it dosen't always make them last longer. I changed this part in 15-20 minutes with no tools, I don't where the dealership got the 3 hours of labor from though. It's located under the truck on the drivers side, back by the gas tank, it sticks out of a black plastic box. give it a 1/8 to 1/4 turn and pull it out firmly. disconnect the connector and the hose and replace with the new piece. It wasn't very hard. I got 74K miles out of my original, and if the new one goes that long I'll be happy.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavin48 View Post
I just changed this part on my 04', the stealership priced it at 505$ for parts and labor 229 of it for parts. I bought the the new valve on courtesy parts .com about 90 bucks , with no filter. I figure the filter cost just as much as the new valve and i heard that it dosen't always make them last longer. I changed this part in 15-20 minutes with no tools, I don't where the dealership got the 3 hours of labor from though. It's located under the truck on the drivers side, back by the gas tank, it sticks out of a black plastic box. give it a 1/8 to 1/4 turn and pull it out firmly. disconnect the connector and the hose and replace with the new piece. It wasn't very hard. I got 74K miles out of my original, and if the new one goes that long I'll be happy.
Any pictures possible??

2004 King cab SE 4X4 White. Mud flaps. Debadged
Iron Cross Nerf Bars. U-Haul Hitch
Lund Bug Deflector - Clear painted White
Line X Bed liner with rubber bed mat
Armada front air dam. Hellwig Traction Springs
Bilsteins 5100 fronts set at 1 inch. 1" rear drop shackles
PML Larger capacity black powder-coated differential cover.
Extang Express Tonneau Cover. Hoppy Tailgate Assist
Wet Okole Front seat covers.
New front differential at 60500 miles. [goodwill fix denied]
Detroit Truetrac at 61000 miles
#8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 PM

sorry i don't have any pictures and its way to clod to go lay under the truck now, but it is really easy I mean really easy.
#9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavin48 View Post
I had the same problem with my truck only my dealership was a lot better...... only $495! I couldn't believe it was that cheap! Anyways I took my truck back, ordered it myself and put it in within 10 minutes while rocking out to some kicka$$ tunes. Just wanted to say thanks because I followed your directions and things went perfect.
#10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 AM

I have the same problem with mine. It's a 2005 with 65k miles on it. Took it to the dealer and they're looking for $800 (parts and labor). I had a long chat with the service manager and referenced this thread as well as several others and told him his price was extremely high. We broke it down by parts and labor and basically they'd be replacing everything associated with the error codes that were given (forgot all of them) but it'd be the vent control valve, filter, vent control canister, pressure switch and I think a few other items to ensure that the problem is fixed and will not return.

Now I'm confused which route to take, especially bc I am not mechanically inclined, but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for piece of mind and so I wont have to take the truck in again later on down the road. What do you think??
#11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 AM
PRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
I have the same problem with mine. It's a 2005 with 65k miles on it. Took it to the dealer and they're looking for $800 (parts and labor). I had a long chat with the service manager and referenced this thread as well as several others and told him his price was extremely high. We broke it down by parts and labor and basically they'd be replacing everything associated with the error codes that were given (forgot all of them) but it'd be the vent control valve, filter, vent control canister, pressure switch and I think a few other items to ensure that the problem is fixed and will not return.

Now I'm confused which route to take, especially bc I am not mechanically inclined, but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for piece of mind and so I wont have to take the truck in again later on down the road. What do you think??
$800??? Your getting hosed. Replace it yourself. It takes less than 5 minutes. I've done it twice already. You have 2 options.

1.) Pick one up from Rock auto for about $40. It's a direct replacement for the one you have.

2.) Pick a new one up from Nissan for $90. They redesigned it so you don't have to install the filter kit. The filter kit solution was only temporary.

Read this...

CONFUSED! Evap vent control valve assembly. 2 Different parts?
#12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 05:46 AM

I agree, sounds like they're trying to rip you off. I only replaced the vent control valve and haven't had another issue for the past 20k miles so it seems like replacing the other parts would be a waste of time and money. You don't have to be mechanically inclined to change the valve either, it's extremely easy. Follow the link and you'll be good to go.

AFE Stage 2 Intake, AFE TBS, 2* Advance, BullyDog Power Pup and a Magnaflow exhaust.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 06:49 PM

I have a 2004 Titan LE 4x4. Does anyone know what part # the new Nissan redesign is? Or if someone has a direct link as to where I can get this part that would be awesome.
#14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

if I am thinking of the right part I got mine from Rockauto.com I used the $40 one DORMAN Part # 911503 which was for my 08 and have had no issues.

Silver 2008.5 XE King Cab 4x4

Last edited by JohnS; 12-05-2013 at 07:29 PM.
#15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:00 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I also used the Doorman part from Rock Auto. Part has a lifetime warranty. One issue is trying to top off the tank too much. I let it stop automatically then one more fill and that's it. If you keep trying to top it off it will throw code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2006 CC LE 4x4

Extan Trifecta Tonneau

Smittybilt Bull Bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top